The official Roman Catholic thread

I had salmon at 1pm. Having my dinner at lunchtime will be part of my return to traditional catholic values. I think Iā€™ll replace my square or two of Dairy Milk chocolate with some raisins/Brazil nuts when Iā€™m having a cup of tea tonight.

1 Like

My girlfriend is looking as well as ever mate thanks for asking, sheā€™s also one up on yours in actually existing.

3 Likes

Youā€™re a very lucky man Julio.

I think you mean traditional roaster values, palā€¦ Braisilians, Argentinians, Portuguese, Spanish, Italians etc. etc all traditionally have their dinner late in the pmā€¦ You are mixing roaster and catholic values up, tho it is very easy to see how you could do that given that they are both extremely backwards.

1 Like

Christ it was so obvious, yet he still walked into it.

Why have you got to be such a killjoy. If @bandage wants to have his dinner in the middle of the day then we should be supporting him and no having pop shots from the cheap seats at him.

Do unto othersā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve no problem with whatever time of the day Bando wants to have his dinner, palā€¦ Just pointing out that ateing your dinner at 1pm is not a Catholic trait but that of a rural simpleton. Once he has all the information then he is free to choose.

And you are some man to talk about taking pot shots from the cheap seatsā€¦

1 Like

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

6 Likes

No need for the aggression, pal. Anyway, @glasagusban has been going out with a lovely lady for ages - he just hasnā€™t felt the need to explicitly mention it to his TFK friends yet.

I once gave up lollipops for lent thinking I was the right smart boyo ā€œgiving upā€ something I didnā€™t really eat anyway. Then Mammy Horsebox gave me a load of lollipops on Easter Sunday instead of easter eggs.

What a clamping.

9 Likes

Sheā€™s all over his Facebookā€¦

I gave up tea when I was about 7 - Have never drank it sinceā€¦ Iā€™m the best Catholic on the forum.

1 Like

Lads
I would have loved to have been alive during Vatican 1 when mass was said in latin and the priest with his back to the altar
I remember serving the altar during the stations in the local church on ash Wednesday maybe 1990 or 91
The proceedings started at half 7 and we made our way around the respective pictures
At the end the priest stood in the middle of the church and called the name of every family in the rural parish where those present walked up the church and handed their Lenten offerings to the priest.
The looks of the faithful as the no shows were acknowledged was telling, I remember my father calling those who didnā€™t contribute ā€œbastardsā€ and ā€œabortionistsā€

6 Likes

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll be conducting a rosary at 6pm lads, please join in

9 Likes

A classic.

Youā€™re doing the first decade.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, Our Lord, Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified; died, and was buried. He descended into Hell; the third day He arose again from the dead; He ascended into Heaven, sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen

4 Likes

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

1 Like

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

1 Like