The official Roman Catholic thread

You keep saying paedo why??

I am off to Knock today. Family reasons. Will post a review later

Good doc on RTE1 9.30 called last orders

Are you back yet or did you get a calling?

How many churchs in knock

Absolutely no idea chief

Interesting to observe. But you are in with the driest people in ireland so not much action.

Good job done on the new mosaic

BTW is a gluten-free host the most subversive act from within the Catholic Church in almost 500 years?

1 Like

Lourdes 2016.

A noble experience if a bit like the Willie Clancy week in Miltown Malbay. It was wall to wall religious activities from processions to the stations of the cross, masses, hours of adoration, grotto visits and about 8 other assorted acts of worship. Now I’m not one of these Godbotherers, so we restricted ourselves to 2/3 outings a day which sufficed for us but we managed to immerse the good lady in the baths which was her main objective.

I found the Grotto beautifully serene, you could spend a few hours there just listening to the wonderful singing of hymns and joining in the prayers - a top notch experience.
On the downside, pushing a wheelchair up steepish slopes is no sport in temperatures consistently in the 30s.

I had a mass said for the intentions of all here and lit a candle at the Grotto for your intentions.
It was the best I could do for you and if any of ye win the lotto be sure to contact me.

All in all a top class experience and worth a visit. Heavy security a feature sadly.

16 Likes

That reads like a smashing trip. Glad you enjoyed yourself, pal. :clap:

Is that Knock chief?

You’d imagine a small tweak to the whole Transubstantiation process would have done.

It is Knock

Very impressive

Yeah, had not seen the place in over 30 years. Has been refurbished in the past year and a fine job done.

FYI

Good site for purchasing scapulars.

http://onlinecatholicstore.com/scapulars/

1 Like

Did you do the stations of the Cross up around the hills? That’s hard going.

That’s it. October Bank holiday, I’ll take the family there.

No but I would have liked to. Impossible to leave the War Office in the care of others to devote the time to it.
In other news I met a neighbour of yours from between Kilmallock and Kilfinane. I have his name as well.
He said there were 5 rings going in the Mart Monday week and that you were actually a gent…**

** I agreed, but kept my council.

1 Like