The Official Superhero Movie Thread

I liked the Flash. It’s a pretty solid story. I generally don’t complain about CGI but wooof, some of this is just awful. One scene in particular.

Some good Easter eggs and cameos thrown in. Likely has zero impact on any future stories.

One post credit right at the end. Wave at it if you’re stuck for time. Inconsequential.

1 Like

New Spiderverse dragged a bit in parts but all in all excellent set up for part 2.

Thought it was excellent myself. Wasn’t aware of the ending actually so that was a nice surprise. The movie was beautifully crafted, every frame was incredible

2 Likes

Finished Secret Invasion last night. Absolute shite. The standard of stuff Marvel is producing has gone through the floor.

1 Like

Agreed. Loki is pretty ok as is Wandavision but apart from that very poor stuff. Really milking the last dollar out of the Marvel universe.

ah loki was great, we got

Meme GIF

Agreed. Completely wasted Kingsley Ben-Adir.

Hard believe fucking the writers would lead to poorer content. Bizarre to use the Secret Invasion storyline in such a haphazard manner and fuck them for doing that to Hill.

1 Like

Loki was great but that’s a while ago now. Moon Knight was also great. Captain America series, latest Thor, antman, eternals, all really really poor and also leaving pretty gaping plotholes or pieces that just don’t fit.

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

1 Like
1 Like

There’s always hope

Good read.

The Infinity Saga was an unbelievably successful chapter in cinema history culminating in the highest grossing movie of all time.

The Multiverse Saga so far is a jinxed cursed calamitous mediocre omnishambles. Some unlucky unforeseen things, some awful decision making.

And they’re starting to panic.

In saying all that, Loki S2 has been very good and I look forward to a suitably bananas finale.

Loki S2 finale might be a gigantic bit of surgery for the whole MCU.

I think they just jettisoned Kang as a character and Jonathan Majors as an actor and are trying to course correct. God, I hope so.

Hard to see how they ditch him completely, would have thought a recast was the best option.

They can do that down the road.

This is how I saw it:

They ret-conned Kangs powers into Loki. Made Loki the new Kang, and poochey’d Kang and all his variants out of the MCU. It’s the most remarkable feathered touch reboot course correction I’ve ever seen. And we’re pretty much back on track now. I think. Could be totally wrong.

They also did a by the by 2 liner to explain away Quantumania as a nothing event.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the only reference to Kang in future is made by Deadpool

By down the road, they could in theory bring in Iron Lad as a young “good” Kang in the Young Avengers when they get to that. And have him evolve into a usable non-Jonathan Majors Kang.

1 Like

[spoiler]That all sounds workable. The only problem is that it kinda scotches everything they’ve been doing to now as a nothing, and the Avengers Kang dynasty movie has to become something else. I’d presumed the first avengers movie was with kang and the secret wars one ended up up with dr. doom. At least the Loki ending leaves all possibilities open, recast kang or kangs could still be the major villains or they could just fade away.

[/spoiler]
And they’ve to figure out how to introduce mutants somewhere along the way too. The biggest problem they’ve had I think is some terrible writers.

THE MARVELS’ earns $21.3M in the film’s domestic opening day, the lowest in MCU history.