The Official TFK 2023 Fun Running Thread

Let’s fucking go!

4 Likes

We need to do one of these.

Maybe a fundraiser @RaymondCrotty ?

ABC Australia shared a post on Instagram: "In celebration of Back Roads’ 100th episode, Heather Ewart leads us in a special episode on the history of the Great Aussie pub to hear a yarn or two from some of our favorite pubs, starting with the time...

Edit: this is a clip from Instagram but doesn’t seem to be loading?

Trying to get back into a regular routine again.
Im going to get a longer slower run done this weekend and start back into a bit of faster stuff during next week.

1 Like

I’ve reluctantly put myself forward for the Masters Cross Country on Sunday. Took a pair of spikes that I bought in 1999 out for a test run earlier this evening. I’d say the last time I wore them was in college running on the track in UL in the famed 49s I think it was which was an annual mini Olympics between DCU and UL. They still fit anyway :joy:

6 Likes

Don’t worry about the runs you missed between Christmas and the end of the first week of January. Worry about the runs you miss between the start of the second week of January and Christmas.

3 Likes

Are you running cross country Sunday?

No, I’m nursing a minor calf twinge so not chancing it. Plus I don’t own a pair of spikes. Are you running?

@Mac where is the Wexford event on?

I’ve run very few races, but a few of the lads are running a 10k next week. Is there any risk in racing it while completely under cooked?

Yeah, I’ll be making up the numbers. Good few of the stronger lads from the club running.

4 Likes

Kilmore are hosting it in Lyngstown / Lingstown. A lovely open track by the coast. No wind at all I’m sure :hushed::hushed::dash:

1 Like

There’s a risk of you blowing up and suffering for the last few km but other than that I’d say you’ll be grand.

3 Likes

I’ve memories of my auld lad bringing us to point to point horse racing there back in the day.

2 Likes

I’ll try to get down to give you a little wave and a cheer.

1 Like

Same course I’d say. The father in law has already warned me about the mile long stiff uphill finish :sob:

2 Likes

I’d defer to @Wexford1996 and others as per but I also think you’d be grand. The long run this weekend and a couple of shorter ones during the week will bring you on too.

2 Likes

You’ll be grand. Just go out easy and save a bit and aim to finish strong

1 Like

Going to go for a ponderous 10 mile in the morning. Need to clear the head.

4 Likes

Great run this morning @fenwaypark :clap:

4 Likes

Never, go out as hard as you think it’s possible to sustain @TreatyStones, about 4:05 per KM

Is it Caherconlish, the believe the last KM is almost all slightly downhill

1 Like

Ya i think that’s where they are going.