The Official TFK 2023 Fun Running Thread

I loved that top

1 Like

Yes the 1/2 zip or whatever it is looks decent but pricy. Not going near the tshirt. Only doing the half marathon and did a handy 16k on my own this morning.

4 Likes

Looking at David Gillicks Insta there it looks like they made a right hames of the Great Ireland Run in the Phoenix Park leaving it 1.4km short

Yeah - saw another story suggesting they didn’t make a turn or something. Fairly amateur stuff if that’s the case!

It’s not like it was the national 10k championships or anything!

Athletics Ireland trying to blame the Garda on lead motorbike but from what I’ve heard the stewards completely to blame. They were meant to turn right after about 2.5k when running down Chesterfield Avenue but had the road coned off. Didn’t help that this was also the road that the start was on. They kept going straight and basically ran the rest of the course in the wrong direction.

1 Like

That looks about right based on Strava maps and the map below

Absolute shambles

A race is only as successful as the stewarding team behind it.

5 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:
This is very true.

Big Offaly participation at this, including the life partner. Very positive feedback and plenty of medals on the bus home
Lack of facilities for the call of nature pre race the only blemish that could be addressed for next year

1 Like

That’s some shambles. Thatn was meant to be the national 10km but they couldn’t present the medals at the end

It’ll be forever immortalized as The (Not So) Great Ireland Run

Last time it’ll be held in the Phoenix Park I’d say. Used to be a big event with huge numbers, live on TV. Bekele won it one year.

3 Likes

He looks 69

You’d expect no less surely

Luis Enrique one of the few footballers that I’ve heard of to go sub 3. Kilbane close to it too. Michael Owen closer to four hours.

Exceptional, Id imagine he is fast twitch.

Exactly, it would be very rare. You see how difficult Gillick found DCM this year.