The Official TFK Coffee Thread

These crowd have some nice coffee - http://cloudpickercoffee.ie

In the IFSC district for a meeting this morning. Can anyone recommend a good place to grab a coffee. I’m bleary-eyed :tired_face:

Just around the block there Moth…

4 Likes

The lad selling them out of the portable unit in front of the convention centre on the banks of the liffey is supposed to be good.

1 Like

If I’m in the city centre area I’d always tip into Burgerking in o Connell st @ironmoth, the do a lovely coffee.

1 Like

If you get a large americano is all you get extra water?

Yes. Unless specifically requested. Mugging off

Yes. Complete piss take. Americanos in ireland generally come with a mile too much water as it is, half a standard mug of water is enough for two shots of espresso, otherwise you just get watery piss.

Mugged off. 50c extra for 100ml of water.

1 Like

Coffeeangel

I can confirm he sells excellent coffee.

1 Like

Watch here for an even bigger mugging off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sau9h2to64

I try to avoid costa where possible but the cunts are everywhere now

1 Like

2.65 for a regular americano (Costa) in Kinvara

Shop next door… 1.90 Essence Brand (Londis), far nicer.

You can a get a takeaway Badger&Dojo for 2.40 in the cafe even. Though its to my liking.

Badger & dodo ios good stuff.

I can understand how it’s not to everybody’s taste though, I like it but it is a good bit more bitter than other coffees,
Most places will have an extra shot of espresso in a large coffee, I usually order a large coffee but ask for half the water, I’ll enquire first if I am getting extra coffee for my money.
Just in case anybody missed it on another thread, it appears that you can get coffee on the mainland that is made with milk instead of water, and you can get it served in a see through glass, fuckin Micks wouldn’t have a clue, they’ll be serving Smithwicks in a mug next.

i’m a fan of the flat white at the moment.

because im a cunt.

You can beat the Costa machines. Press cancel when it’s half-filled the cup, then push regular again for a second shot*. Now, that’s a far nicer coffee and evens things up for all the mugs getting ripped off with their “large” coffees.

*this is tantamount to theft, so do it at your own risk. Having said that, coffee + a small element of risk should have you nicely pumped in the morning.

3 Likes

You certainly are. Or a lady.

Everyone should buy an aeropress. Cheap as chips and makes an excellent coffee very quickly with minimal clean up.

1 Like

You have to laugh at the micks trying to talk about coffee as if they know what they are taking about. The closest most of ye have come to a cup of coffee is nescafe instant powder mixed with hot water

2 Likes

Nescafe? The fancy stuff? Try maxwell house pal.

1 Like