The Official TFK Fad Thread

I use my one 2 to 3 times a week all year round. Its gas, so easy enough to do, so granted the snobs wont call it a barbecue, but fuck that.

3 Likes

You dont find charcoal bbqs ised much in oz mate

In not sure people in foggy ireland know better

2 Likes

Absolutely pal.

Grilling is fine bud. Just call it a grill… Surprised to see @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy in favour of gas

You mean you think hed be in favour of charcoal, that horrible air pollutant and carbon dioxide emitter? You dont know him at all

I’m surprised to see him in favour of either. It seems he’s very flexible with his morals

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy: what is the most environmentally friendly way of outdoor grilling over the summer?

• Charcoal
  • Gas
  • Spidey’s Electric Ninja Job
  • Meat is Murder but you can grill some veggies
0 voters

Statins for reducing “bad” cholesterol…

Dicuss please.

Yes, statins are commonly prescribed to help reduce levels of bad cholesterol, or low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, in the blood. They work by inhibiting an enzyme in the liver that is necessary for producing cholesterol, which in turn lowers the overall cholesterol levels in the bloodstream.

Benefits of Statins for Reducing Bad Cholesterol:

1. Lower LDL Cholesterol: Statins can reduce LDL cholesterol levels by 20% to 60%, depending on the dosage and type of statin used.

2. Reduce Risk of Cardiovascular Events: By lowering LDL cholesterol, statins reduce the risk of heart attacks, strokes, and other cardiovascular events in people with high cholesterol or those at risk for heart disease.

3. Plaque Stabilization: Statins may also help stabilize plaques in the arteries, reducing the likelihood of them rupturing and causing a heart attack.

Considerations:

• While effective, statins may cause side effects in some people, such as muscle pain, digestive problems, and, rarely, increased blood sugar levels.
  • Lifestyle changes, such as diet and exercise, are also crucial in managing cholesterol levels alongside statin therapy.

It’s important to consult with a healthcare provider to determine if statins are appropriate for you, especially if you have risk factors for cardiovascular disease.

Statins are a class of medications that are primarily used to lower cholesterol levels in the blood, specifically low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, often referred to as “bad” cholesterol. High levels of LDL cholesterol can lead to the buildup of plaque in the arteries, which increases the risk of heart disease, heart attack, and stroke.

How Statins Work:

• Inhibit Cholesterol Production: Statins work by blocking an enzyme in the liver called HMG-CoA reductase, which is responsible for producing cholesterol. This reduces the amount of cholesterol produced by the liver.
  • Increase LDL Receptors: Statins also increase the number of LDL receptors on liver cells, which helps remove LDL cholesterol from the blood.

Common Statins:

• Atorvastatin (Lipitor)
  • Simvastatin (Zocor)
  • Rosuvastatin (Crestor)
  • Lovastatin (Mevacor)
  • Pravastatin (Pravachol)
  • Fluvastatin (Lescol)

Where to Get Statins:

1. Prescription from a Doctor: Statins are prescription medications, so you will need to consult a healthcare provider to determine if they are appropriate for you. Your doctor will assess your cholesterol levels, overall cardiovascular risk, and any other health factors before prescribing statins.

2. Pharmacies: Once prescribed, you can obtain statins from any pharmacy. In some countries, they are also available in generic forms, which might be more affordable.

3. Online Pharmacies: Some licensed online pharmacies offer statins, but you should always ensure the pharmacy is reputable and requires a valid prescription.

Important Considerations:

• Monitoring: After starting statins, your doctor will likely monitor your cholesterol levels and possibly liver function through blood tests to ensure the medication is effective and safe.
  • Lifestyle Changes: Statins are often prescribed alongside lifestyle changes, such as a healthier diet, regular exercise, and quitting smoking, to maximize the benefits of cholesterol reduction.

If you think you may benefit from statins, the first step is to schedule an appointment with your healthcare provider to discuss your cardiovascular health and cholesterol levels.

You ceist these days, you are?

Hey Lionel,

I noticed your comment and just wanted to set the record straight—my posts are all me, no ChatGPT involved. I’ve been gaining a lot of clarity and insight lately, thanks in part to my experiences with shrooms. They’ve really helped me see things in a new light and sharpen my perspective, which is what you’re seeing reflected in my posts.

So, no need to assume I’m getting outside help. It’s just me, with a little help from some natural inspiration!

Cheers!

5 Likes

Spoofer!

1 Like

Fair play mate. I see you’re coming to the top of the rollercoaster…

Take them if your levels are high. You’ll be grand. Half the country are on them.

Be careful. They can make you a lot more right wing and awkward.

1 Like

@KinvarasPassion I’m on this one, it didn’t make an ounce of difference until I kicked the beer

1 Like

Beer or all alcohol?

All alcohol