The Official TFK Farming Thread

you’d want the double wheels on the back of the tractor in a wet bog, horsing out 20 bags at a time in a transport box

were you ever into the tramming? that was great craic, collecing them with a buckrake and making a reek, proper fucking haymaking backing in the 80’s

cc @KinvarasPassion

6 Likes

6 Likes

I started off with the two prong fork, the day my Grandfather gave me a four prong fork was a sign that I was a man

7 Likes

Can someone pop up a map of Limericks bogs.

County Limerick bogland.

Fit for baling at noon tomorrow.

Lovely smell blowing in off the meadow, birds singing and the sun just gone behind the mountain.

34 Likes

More power to you KP. Have a great day tomorrow.

1 Like

When was it mowed, pal?

Presume your taking hay off the rest of the paddock?

Fucking superb.

:clap:

Soft townie cunts can never understand what a photo like that means. :clap::clap:

5 Likes

The memories come flooding back of the great summers of previous years, neighbours flocking around to help each other and chatting long into the night and there still a glimmer of light and heat. Back up again at 7 in the morning to do it all over again.

13 Likes

All hay mate.

I have a few hens and ducks. Can I be in?

1 Like

:clap:

Savage.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Delighted to give that wonderful vista the 10th.

I was probably off my head on magic mushrooms below in Limerick, tangled up in a two foot bush along the banks of the Shannon that I thought was a small forest and couldn’t get out of for half the night.

We’d pick the mushrooms that day, a gang of us, a real sense of community, and store them away until that evening. We’d light a fire then and someone would have to rob a pot/a cup and provide water to boil them in and we’d pass the cup around taking scoops out of the pot until it was empty once they were boiled… we’d trip away down the Corbally baths until around 12 and tip off home after a joint or two.

The youngsters today just wouldn’t get it - Much simpler times indeed.

10 Likes

Farming to a Limerick townie, going out to Plassey to pick magic mushrooms.

2 Likes

No mushrooms without cow shit.

Would you ever think of going off looking for a few mushrooms these days?

Make them into a soup for Mrs O’Sullivan

2 Likes