The Official TFK Farming Thread

I could handle the heathens and the easy pleasure.

The father is also the guts of 8 years older than the mother. He doesn’t want her living on her own up there in the hills if he goes before her.

2 Likes

Silage from last night awaiting wrapping - everything a bit later in Leitrim but all go over last few good days. Also, plenty of Ash-dieback roundabout unfortunately.

12 Likes

Any chance you’d take inspiration from the field and cut that fucking lawn?

3 Likes

What about the bees?

Bees hate grass.

The correct answer was let the fuckers go somewhere else.

Sad to hear the old homestead where you were born and reared may be sold, that’ll be a tough one on you and your sister. In the end it is a decision your parents will make and they have earned the right to do that. I hope things work out for the best for you all, I’m sure they will. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks pal. I told them a few years ago they’ve my blessings whatever they decide to do, not that they should need them.

1 Like

What can we do only love our parents as much as we can. When they go we’ll miss them dearly. No time to waste in loving the ones we love.

1 Like

You are missing a trick here mate. I paid €20 (and it should have been €30 but I told them the child was under 2) to get into a pet farm in Camp. Your man had about 20 acres. About 5 cows, a few sheep, a few alpacas, a few goats and a playground. It is the most profitable farm by acre in the country I’d say. And the fucking thing a big pile of rushes/sand dune grass

Camp vs Newport :thinking:

1 Like

Always thought of bringing yanks up to the bog behind us on a horse and cart, get them to foot turf for the day and charge them 50 quid a head for the “experience”. A commemorative sod of turf for €15

2 Likes

There’s wan in curraghchase making a fortune also.

I’ve gone to a lot stranger places than Newport to pass a few hours with the young wan. And so have you

3 Likes

The Yerras tried that in Kilflynn (on the main road between Listowel and Tralee) “a day in the bog” twas called. They got a chunk of Government grants and tis lying in ruin on the side of the road now.

Twas going cheap actually

Fair play to your father for not guilting you into staying around and holding onto it just for the sake of it. Anything under 200ac isn’t worth having sadly as you’d have to have a forgiving job to sustain it. Dairy is the only show in town at this stage.

5 Likes

This ash die back is serious problem now with a lot more cases this summer.

The road from oola to Tipp town has a large number of ash trees along the side and most stands are showing signs of bare branches at the tips.

2 Likes

My uncle in law is being advised to go into chicken rearing

1 Like

Too flat for N Leitrim,what parish is that in @flutehook ?