The Official TFK Farming Thread

I remember drawing down through an old crag with 10 round bales at a time on the back of the International with no breaks whatsoever the gate was at the very bottom of the hill and you had to turn into it . The auld lad was just after buying the land and when he came up for dinner he was seething that I had knocked the piers of both sides. I informed him it needed doing as those gates were only for the horse and cart.

10 Likes

Calling @KinvarasPassion

Did ye get it baled up?

20 Likes

It’s a pity Monet isn’t still around, he would make hay with that landscape.

3 Likes

That’s a beautiful picture right there and not a pitchfork to be seen.

What did the mother have cooked for you, mate?

Looks like you got the best of the land in parish

3 Likes

I’d say a ham salad,brown homemade bread and a big mug a tae

I’d say you picked some s(h)tones off that field in your day.

I fucking hated picking shtones when I was a young fella, cunt of a job

We did our last bit of bull dozing when i was around 7 years old… I missed the worst of it #hardship

1 Like

The mother in law tonight… She didnt disappoint.

You have to love them old school women. Mrs KP is away for the night… So her mother arrived up to help out. I arrive in this evening, lamb chops, veg and a pile of spuds left up in front of me, she had all the kids washed and ready for bed, the house is spotless, she has a snag list done of all major malfunctions within the house (broken shelf, leaking tap, fridge not cold enough) and she told me to belt away for the evening… So i did. :clap:

22 Likes

Un-fucking-rale.

1 Like

It’s like a real life Darling Buds of May

4 Likes

:smile:

You’re belting it into the mother in law and updating us on TFK at the same time? Top top poster.

5 Likes

Making hay while the sun shines.

2 Likes

Lovely to meet someone who takes pride in their work :clap:

1 Like

And she’ll go back home and recite the snag list to her friends and throw in “when I told him, what did the good for nothing bollox do, only go off down to the pub. I don’t know how Mary puts up with him”

10 Likes

She’s delighted that Mary snagged the lad with the only flat field in the Burren. I’d say she sent Mary off to snare him a la Kate Middleton.

I picked stones for weeks on end on a farm in waterford run by my uncles. We got the very tail end of it. My galway cousins were older and had the back broken on it overy previous years
They still talk about it