The Official TFK Father's Issues Thread. I don't know how they do it

My little girl has a mountain of shoes, but she only ever wears one pair on rotation for a while. She picks one pair until she gets sick of them and moves on. There is no fucking way you’d get a pair on her she didn’t want to wear. She’s 3.

Do kids need shoes at this time of year?

The sicknesses that they bring home in the first few months of starting creche are insane. Croppy Junior was battling a serious dose of a cold for the last two weeks and a couple of bugs have gone through the house here in the six weeks since he started.

2 Likes

Dose yourself & Mrs croppy up on every multi vitamin possible.

1 Like

A nightmare time. After his first 3 days in creche my lad was out for 2 weeks including a visit plus overnight stay at A&E and that pattern continued for the guts of nine months.

2 Likes

He had a week in creche before Mrs Croppy went back to work and she decided to get his 6 month injections on the Friday of it.

Worst. Decision. Ever.

I’ve a fever and ear infection now. Neglected to take the multivitamins last week @Mac I’ll never make that mistake again.

Ester C

Cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like

There were no kid related infections in our day @Fagan_ODowd

2 Likes

This a rough turn of events for the modern day dads in fairness. I don’t know how they do it.

1 Like

Yeah the bugs they pass on have some kick in them. :nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

Thanks @fagan. Your concern is appreciated. It’s a much tougher life for modern dads. We’re not even allowed beat the shit out of them for little or no reason. I don’t know how I do it.

3 Likes

They gave them to the Christian Brothers to beat the shit out of them.

Very true, I seen my older brother get a “whaling” from the aul lad once. While I never got the same treatment the threat was always there and kept me in line. Luckily my little lad pays no heed to me and actually hits me when I tell him off.

5 Likes

Modern fathers also have to contend with this modern notion that kids should have a ‘happy childhood’.
There’s also some talk suggesting that they should express themselves and that they should have qualities like ‘creativity’ and ‘confidence’.
Where do you start.

2 Likes

They must have very low resistance to disease. That’s modern living I suppose.

Happy childhood? Very posh!

Not enough spuds and Guinness.

1 Like

Its all those airtight houses.

it’s people disinfecting everything all the time.

Fair enough if you’ve cooked a chicken, disinfect the counters but for fuck sake, disinfecting everything all the time is overkill

you need to build up immunity like you would a body

Clear who is boss there!

My mother broke the wodden spoon off me before. The fucking thing broke.
The father did three laps running around the house after me with a Hurley doing mad swinging before after some incident as a young lad. I told him off that I was going to call Childline and my sister gave me an awful bollocking as apparently my auld lad was upset about it.

All in all, a few clippings here and there did me no harm. The father rarely lifted a hand but the mother was lethal with the wodden spoon. A serious threat that kept me in check.

3 Likes