The Official TFK Fingal and on the way to Fingal (from central Dublin) Take Away Thread

They are now delivering. Absolute game changer

Huel?

Apologies, tried to reply to @Fagan_ODowd initial post. Il Fornaio, kilbarrack

2 Likes

Got an Indian delivered from Maharajah last night. Good kick to the lamb jalfrezi while my pet had the prawn jhinga mirchiwala which was also very good.

Good quality and decent value

3 Likes

Just back from the Dublin bay prawn festival in Howth. A smorgasbord of delights for the foodie. The oceans off Fingal produce about 50% of the shellfish we consume in Ireland, I felt proud watching tourists from Europe, America and Dublin truly amazed at the quality of our marine produce.

4 Likes

Did you blank the island?

No. I omitted my day trip to the jewel in the crown of Fingal’s islands in deference to relevance to the thread title. That said it was an enjoyable trip and it was wonderful to see the island in all its glory. Such a Shame to see posters for a local Labour councilor on the historic Martello tower on the island, targeting the yacht owners in Labour a support base.

3 Likes

@Fagan_ODowd did you ever get a takeaway from the Indian Curry Club? It isn’t in the most salubrious of locations but fuck me it is good Indian cuisine.

No. But now that my beloved Okra Green has been shut down by the HSE I might give it a whirl.

1 Like

I highly recommend it

Any dish in particular?

No, but I have had lamb all three times and it has been unbelievably tender

1 Like

Tried this tonight @Big_Dan_Campbell. I’ll go back. And you can order without talking to a human being.

:+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

@Fagan_ODowd what’s going on with Il fornaoi in Kilbarrack?

Passed it earlier and it seems to have a new name over the door? Rebrand or new owners?

Rebrand. Same owners. La Gustosa on the seafront has eaten into their sit down business and they are focusing on the take away business now.

2 Likes

Interesting. They never really embraced the takeaway side of things before.

@Big_Dan_Campbell had a pizza out of this place tonight. It was very good. Also the pizza there is half price on a Wednesday.

I actually got food delivered from there Saturday evening and meant to post. Had a pizza biancha and the tagliatelle Bologna seems. Both were very good

I see they are doing brunch at the weekends

Myself and the kids had a pizza and wings in Brezzis this evening. Half pepperoni half margarita. Lovely as always. The little lady let Brezzi know about it when he breezed in at half five or so. Reckoned he wasn’t pulling his weight.

2 Likes