The Official TFK Ireland 1912-1923 Thread

In large print

We still ran ye out of Kilmallock ye pussies.

Double spaced

I think all the fighting story books were reissued recently. Limerick Dublin Cork and Kerry. It’s an honour for a county to have a fighting story book.

As regards collectibles, how much were you thinking of spending?

here’s a great account of the fighting in Kilkenny

http://www.cleanmama.net/wp-content/uploads/blogger/_bNMLNCw5gcw/S92LrOInTUI/AAAAAAAABAQ/mhnJns_GM0w/s1600/002.JPG

3 Likes

Nothing says classy memoriam better than a mug

1 Like

Kilkenny were so bad Ernie O’Malley had to be sent down to try and put a bit of gumption into them. Of course the local brigade bollixed this up and this led to his capture at Inistioge.

2 Likes

That is a lovely walnut top there.

Not much, under 100 definitely. He’s only a young lad so there’s a fair chance it could end of broken or lost.

We had one at my mothers as well. My brother took it, the bollocks, and wont return it. That leads to a row every now and again.

This is the Clare version. Good read actually.

1 Like

Twas a struggle alright

1 Like

On this day in 1918 Countess Markievicz became the first woman to be elected to Westminster.

4 Likes

1 Like

Getting hold of seditious ballads and their writer was a favourite past time of the RIC in their formative years…sometimes lads didn’t even recall writing these ballads but since the material was found in their home they had to have penned it …

1 Like

Interesting O’Donovan Rossa doc on rte one now

We missed this one lads. Were any of the Vols at the funeral?

HOGAN, Seán - Nov. 29, 2016 (Simpson’s Hospital, Dundrum, D.16, formerly of Larkhill Rd., Whitehall, D.9 and Greenane, Co. Tipperary) (peacefully) in the wonderful care of the staff at Simpson’s Hospital, beloved husband of the late Elizabeth (Lily), son of the late Seán Hogan (3rd Tipperary Brigade old IRA); deeply regretted by his family, relatives, friends and carer.

Son of the great Sean Hogan of Knocklong fame. The uncle told me about it today.

2 Likes

Rest in peace.

1 Like

My in-laws wouldn’t live a million miles from Meaghers of Annfield where Sean Hogan was arrested. Theres a little memorial plague on the the bridge there.

+1. The uncle reckoned that Sean Senior was only 19 when the fighting kicked off and suffered PTSD thereafter. Reckoned that his marriage broke down because of the PTSD.

1 Like