The Official TFK Ireland 1912-1923 Thread

Sinn Féin organised their own commemoration and didn’t invite relatives of the RIC men. Celebrating making children orphans.

Good on Myers for beating this drum even if you don’t agree with everything said. None of the Secondary School history books will go much beyond it being an ambush.

What’s the crowd like?

I might tip over to the thing at the monument where it actually happened at 2.30 if I can find my Celtic home jersey 02/03 season in time.

Right too

What would ye know about it below in Cork City? Didn’t ye hide under the bed while the ‘country boys’ (who you like to belittle) did all the fighting?

Sigh. Timmy in agreeing with Kevin Myers shocker.

I saw you there. You were on the other side of the barrier. And you were gone when it was over.

Nice of Noel Skehan to donate a hurley .

Packed. I’d say Eamonn from the Third Tipperary Brigade of the Old IRA will give a fine oration

Yeah had to find the father in law and bring him back as he was feeling the cold. Very good day and thankfully rain stayed away. Great sense of community in Solohead and you could see it was well organised. Ó Cuiv spoke very well and didn’t mince his words at times. Mansergh too spoke well. As expected the Fine Gael minister Madigan spoke a loud of PC waffle with her words out running her communication. Great to see a huge crowd especially so many young people.

1 Like

First Cork brigade ran things bucko

No such thing as the old IRA

We bombed them in the abbey,and we bombed them in the glen,we bate them up in Dillon’s X,they bate us back again,we bombed them in the Wessey and we bombed them in the parade,and we gave them who began it in the 1st Cork brigade

The only thing ye did in the city was hand the Auxies the matches when they were burning the place

3 Likes

Your granda the British soldier told u this obviously

Derek Warfield gave a fine rendition of ‘A nation once again’ at the Soloheadbeg monument.

Still alive n kicking kid

Tome Barry was well known for flying a Union Jack outside his house after fighting for the British army, the local ira had to have a word with him

good to see the relatives of the two policemen murdered there today, according to Myers they were finished off on the ground as they lay injured

Jaysus, fagan must have gotten carried away

1 Like