The official TFK list of 🐐 experts - Hurleyers on the ditch

It’s funny how in a game as physical as gah that a management would worry about something like that, when (in my opinion) you would cost your team a few scores every year by kicking frees from the hand :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Agree,way more reliable. Rock only missed once for Dublin this year but it was one Sean O’Se would’ve put over in his sleep off the deck.

That last minute free that he missed in 2003 is hard to forget. Would have been the first time they’d have beaten Meath in championship.

Dessie was kicking serious ball as late as 2014. Got a great goal against Dublin in a league game in Mullingar.

I think he was gone by the time they beat Meath in 2015. That was a smashing game to be at.

I suppose he’d be able to console himself about not beating Meath by remembering he was the star man in the first and so far only Westmeath team to win a Leinster title.

It’s still their only trophy of note at senior level.

1 Like

The various secondary characters in the Ian Bailey murder saga.

Won an U21 All-Ireland with Westmeath too and a Leinster club title with Garrycastle.

My party piece in training used to be to kick the ball from right in the corner and curl it over the bar. The senior lads were very impressed when i first did it - but you should have seen their faces when i curled it out over the end line, through rhe posts and back into play.

1 Like

Dessie was an invigilator for the Leaving Cert at the school where me Mam was teaching, it must have been circa 2013/14. He was by all accounts a huge hit with the female staff and students.

2 Likes

He was on Room to Improve. A teacher in Moate I think. He was a brilliant footballer and seems a sound skin

2 Likes

A real bottle job that’s free agin Meath

Being a selector on the first side to win the Tailteann will top his CV all the same

Piece of piss

I know. I used to do it with my weaker foot, just to make it interesting

4 Likes

Surely you had to use both anyway, you hardly used the same foot for both kicks, that would have been impressive

I could do both with either foot. I remember the gulpin of a manager scoffing and telling me i wouldn’t be able to do it in a match. Being a cheeky fucker i pointed out that id be unlikely to be taking frees from the corner in a match. He thought for a few seconds and added “or anywhere else for that matter”.
I lost a little of my innocence that day

1 Like

Now I think you’re lying :man_shrugging:

It certainly didn’t improve him as a co-commentator or pundit anyway. Melojeon……

1 Like

I wouldn’t even know how

The price of milkshakes in Portugal.

3 Likes

Wrong thread. I clearly had no appreciation or understanding of what it entails

1 armed golfers in Limerick.