The Official TFK Local and European Elections Thread 2024

One of Maria Walsh’s campaign taglines was “Standing up for farmers” & the bauld Ming produced agriculture committee meeting minutes in response. She’s on that committee & didn’t attend a single meeting over the 5 years.

I follow Ming on Twitter & he has some questionable takes but he’s immersed in the work over there. I think one of the papers did a hit piece on him early in his European term when he missed a chunk of time. They cited his attendance record but, if I recall correctly, his wife was sick at the time and he’s been ever present since she recovered.

He’s forever complaining about not getting invited to speak on national media in relation to European issues. It was always Sean Kelly or Billy Kelleher or Mairead McGuinness etc so the perception was he was on the gravy train but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

And let anyone who hasn’t dialled into a work zoom call in their underpants cast the first stone.

9 Likes

Very statesmanlike

1 Like

yep, he is a real politician now

Some craic if he turned full woke and was pictured covered in paint for Holi giving Hazel Chu a piggyback in Herbert park

1 Like

His great grandfather was captain of a ship called The Bounty. A bit of a cunt too from all accounts.

7 Likes

I’ll claim that one

3 Likes

built the North wall

1 Like

A cunt of a man who wrote to banks trying to undermine young farming families.

Regina strung him up good and proper. Delighted for him.

1 Like

yep, cuffe is bad says derek blighes no 1 fan

2 Likes

With labour and the greens finished, who will ffg turn to come GE? Holly?

Lovely photo choice by Michael McDowell to accompany his piece in the Paper of Record today.

Holly’s local seat which she won by 1 vote in the last locals was lost this time. She’ll do well to get out of west cork

1 Like

Not unlike Collins so.

Nick Offerman Shade GIF

True

Apologies, I got flood and bog in the wrong order. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Derek Blighe got 899 first pref from 16500 votes in fermoy local

Got 25k first pref from 713k in europe

1 Like

They will turn to the independents from the FF/FG gene pool for support so expect to see the grand opening of the monorail linking Thurles and Kilgarvan in mid 2027.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/CapTweed/status/1800811549088772096?t=ldjINt2ERM05FmfuDKDyZw&s=19

2 Likes

The replies. Stop the steal!

https://x.com/MByrne85911/status/1800827738225611092