The Official TFK Local and European Elections Thread 2024

SF vote surely won’t be as bad at a general election but they’ve been a terrible opposition for a long time now.

If they had even opposed both the recent referendums they’d have some credence. They agree with the government on 90% of issues.

For all their faults - and due to a century of a political machine - FF and FG are well organised generally at grassroots level. They got the benefit of that on Friday.

1 Like

Lowry, AK47 and FFs Jackie Cahill are the three imcumbants.

Seamie Morris dad of Jake will run for SF. Can’t see anyone outside those 4 take a seat

https://x.com/gataveckaite/status/1799732791099469865?t=daBn6zvjfmmJoci2jX1xFw&s=19

1 Like

Is it time for Mary Lou to go or time to change direction? Whatever they’ve been doing isn’t working and that’s being reflected at the ballot box.

Seamie Morris is anything but Sinn Fein now.

Fell out with them a few years back and runs as an Independent now. He wont go for the Dail again.

Joe Hannigan might go for it. He got a huge vote yesterday.

It was glaringly obvious in Thurles last night that Hurling really is the only show in town in Tipp. Must have been 5 or 6 ex County Chairmen very prominently backing certain candidates and a multitude of Ex Divisional Board Chairmen either candidates themselves or campaign managers. There was absolutely nothing happening with the counts for about three hours but there was intense conversation going on among a multitude of high profile GAA figures in the County and i am confident that the renaissance of Tipperary Hurling began in Thurles last nignt.

5 Likes

That would be amazing but it cant be representative can it?

Terry Prone is looking like a corpse here on RTE1

The sooner the better

5 Likes

Young Tommy Hartigan looks to have got home in Adare/Rathkeale.

Ward, Crehan and O’Donoghue to fit it out for two seats . Ward might get a boost when O’Dea is eliminated.

In place of who?

Joe got shafted with the constituency boundary change for the last General election. He nearly got elected in offally with a very small voting base from around Shannon rovers and lorrha.
He would pick up a lot of votes in a Tipperary constituency.

1 Like

Joan Rivers doing analysis on the RTE coverage at the moment

That’s right.

He’d go very close in North Tipp and could oust Kelly.

Joan Rivers mother

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

And I’d suggest that you’d likely get such a party near 30pc if 1) so many weren’t so determined to crush Labour post 2016 and 2) they didn’t give up the ground to SF like they did.

@Kyle

https://twitter.com/Limerick_Leader/status/1799771371251044471?t=8ghai8F7GHQbpvHiWHW20w&s=19

1 Like

By God

https://twitter.com/NewstalkFM/status/1799739969797562541?t=DnvwPjgobbx72ZEZdL8lQA&s=19

2 Likes

She should become angrier :laughing:

I can’t see Kelly running after losing Labour leadership and with Labour going nowhere. He wants to be on national stage and I’d say has no interest in being a backbencher with no prospect of a portfolio with Labour for a good few years.