The Official TFK Local and European Elections Thread 2024

If the far shities could streamline their operation they could make serious ground.

Up da flats

Signing in from Thurles Count Centre.

There’s absolutely nothing happening and yet its absolutely BOX OFFICE.

A who’s who of politicians, political anoraks, Inter County Hurling stars and local chancers.

20 Likes

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1799559255567008085?s=46

So after this shitshow does MaryLou double down on the arrogant know-it-all attitude ?

https://twitter.com/clarefm/status/1799553691336233068?s=46

These fellas were waiting all night to lift your man up into the air :smiley::smiley:

https://twitter.com/clarefm/status/1799562067403272681?s=46

That’s a beautiful mental picture you’ve painted there.

I’m imagining a load of men who look like this standing around in huddles.

But but it’s only the league, the SF vote will appear for the GE/championship

How are things looking in Killester/Clontarf/Donnycarney/Raheny & the neighbouring Donaghmede/Clongriffin/Etc area?

cc @Rocko, @Juhniallio.

Brabazon has flown it in Donaghmede surprisingly. Soc Dems doing well too.

Ó Muirí has topped the poll in Clontarf. And Heney keeps her seat in second. Heneghan will get in. Stocker will get back in. Field will get Labour seat and Cooney will probably keep Greens. So no real change there.

She (or the boys in Belfast) have fucked up in their candidate selection strategy for 2 (possibly 3) elections in a row. Fairly likely they’ll make a balls of it again

Former MMA fighter and former Sinn Fein member Paddy Holohan is definitely going to take a seat in Tallaght South (first pic) where he will top the poll and will likely take one in Tallaght Central (second pic) too.

I can see him getting a Dail seat and becoming a lightning rod for the far right.

Looks like Philip Dwyer will miss out on a seat in Tallaght Central.

Did he run in two places?

A daughter of Big Martin Browne has tanked in the Cashel/Tipperary LEA. Word is BMB is not standing next time round. They’ll lose a seat here in a GE. Mattie McGrath will walk a seat and I’d fancy FG to pick one. The third is open country. It’ll be interesting to see if Lowry will run someone here.

2 Likes

Yes, if you win in two places you can co-opt somebody for one of the seats.

1 Like

I’d say they’ve the voltarol out in the jeep to lash on afterwards

1 Like

Absolute Hall of Fame stuff.

No first count from any district in the County until nearly midnight.

Lads going in and out to Hickeys down the street getting boozed. Tremendous scenes.

I might put up a full report tomorrow if i have time.

The Government parties look to have taken over 50 per cent of the first preferences and SF on 13%.

If labour and Social Democrats got past their personality driven split - they’d be the third biggest party skipping past SF

3 Likes

We’ve been moved into the Tipp North constituency for the GE.
Just wondering what delightful candidates will be put forth?