The Official TFK Local and European Elections Thread 2024

Thanks a mill

Cuffe looks a good bet for seat

1 Like

Sinn FĂ©in are fucked

1 Like

The boys in Belfast will have to step in you’d think

2 Likes

Jaysus that’s not what the early indications were saying.

Almost impossible to predict the transfers. Right early on with the headbangers going out and favouring Boylan but then the more left it gets the more you’d give Cuffe or Aodhán a chance.

That’s nowhere near the type of right wing vote that was expected.

DUBLIN EUROPEAN COUNT 1
Electorate - 890,468
TOTAL POLL - 386,203
SPOILED/ INVALID VOTES 9483
TOTAL VALID POLL 376270
QUOTA 75,345
NUMBER OF SEATS 4

Non Party AL-QADRI - 4,707

FF Andrews, Barry - 62,147

National Party BARRETT Rebecca - 2,997

SF BOYLAN, Lynn - 35,431

Independent Ireland BOYLAN, Niall - 30,637

Non party CAFOLLA, Robin - 2,514

AontĂș CONSIDINE Aisling - 10,693

Green CUFFE Ciaran - 32,204

I4C DALY Clare - 26,855

FG DOHERTY Regina - 61,344

SF DOOLAN Daithi - 10,766

Ireland First DWYER Philip - 4,479

SocDems GIBNEY Sinead - 16,319

The Irish People HEASMAN Andy - 2,028

Non Party MURPHY Conor - 1,065

Non Party MURPHY Eamonn - 1,557

Irish Freedom Party Ó CONARÁIN Diarmaid - 3,548

Non Party OGLE Brendan - 3,148

Labour Ó RÍORDÁIN Aodhán - 30,733

Non Party O’ROURKE Stephen - 2,250

National Party QUINLAN Patrick - 2,595

PBP SMITH Brid - 21,577

Non Party STEENSON Malachy - 7,128

I reckon Cuffe will nab a seat. Key will be how SD transfers will split between himself and Aodhan.

4th seat key is whether Smith transfers to Daly are sufficient to overhaul IRA/SF. Boylan has a running mate, so I’d make her favourite there.

1 Like

As in smaller or bigger than expected?

I think Clare Daly has a chance of overtaking Boylan - long shot but the other Boylan and Brid Smith could transfer heavy to her.

Smaller.

I don’t know if that’s a good first count result for my Aodhán or not.

Mcdonagh in

Congrats @Juhniallio

Well deserved

5 Likes

Sorry. I know nothing about that. Hope your mate gets in

Looks big enough for Niall Boylan. You mean Philip dwyer and Heasman? How many votes altogether did far righties get outside Boylan

It’s very hard to say at this point because there are a good few in with a chance there. But N Boylan would need a lead over the left challengers you’d think because they have a higher transfer count. From Gibney onwards it should swing away from N Boylan. Cuffe best placed being ahead of the others to avoid elimination.

Niall Boylan was very short in the odds and in early indications yesterday. There was nobody predicting he’d be behind Cuffe.

3 Likes

It’s better than expected I believe.

2 Likes

Get our planning applications in now. I’ve a very redundant looking gable end I’d love to flip.

Do we just upload plans here @Juhniallio ?

1 Like

It’s regularly mentioned that a few SF headbangers benefited from the prevailing climate at the last general election & got elected on the wave of general support for the party. But it’s equally irksome (for me at least) to see the likes of Regina Doherty commanding 60k+ votes. That’s just people voting for brand FG, which is their right obviously. But she’s equal parts poisonous & incompetent.

9 Likes

This RTE analysis is so crap. No projections. No insight. Just calling out numbers.

2 Likes