The Official TFK NCT Thread

Sweet.

I saw a tester jump starting a car outside the NCT the other day, where would you be going :smile:

1 Like

Not far without a pair of jump leads

2 Likes

pushing your luck (amd car)

1 Like

The dream machine failed her mot (nordie nct) a few of weeks back. Yesterday I brought her in for a retest. The two faults, correctly pointed out by a cold efficient type, were fixed within the three weeks, thereby avoiding another complete test and the full fee.
For the retest I landed a real prick of an inspector; red hair with a dyed black beard and all manner of metal stuff n his face and ears, 40 plus years of age and walking with an exaggerated pimp roll. He beckoned me forward in a manner which suggested ego, stupidity and self-importance.
The fucker then starts into a full test; headlights, wipers, seatbelts etc. I show him the paperwork with the two faults listed, and tell him it’s just a retest. Makes no odds, he informs me I’ve no handbrake, which is utter shite. I ask him if I can adjust it as it passed a couple of weeks earlier and hasn’t been driven since. “Nah, get her fixed and bring her back a third time, and if she doesn’t pass then you can bring her back a fourth time”. I’ve nothing to say at this stage in proceedings. The game is obviously up and reasoning with this buffoon will only feed his ego.
Hle goes to work with torch and hammer on the repair.
Then he clears off for ten minutes. When he comes back he pokes around for another while. lowers the ramp, gets in and shoots the motor off the ramp. He comes back in, I can’t see him at this point as there is a van and a car parked between me and the station where they print off certificates. I can hear indecipherable shouting, but I’ve no way of knowing who is shouting or who is being shouted at. Then he comes round the side of the van and says, “Hi boy, did you not hear me?” He hands me the new document with two additional faults as well as an original one. I tell him he’s only supposed to inspect the repairs. “You got what you paid for,” the power-drunk lout smirks. I enquired as to the identity of his line manager and was directed to the office. The next twenty minutes is spent waiting for the manager and the lout to stitch together a coherent reason for giving the car a full test. The manager starts muttering some diatribe about the age of the vehicle. I cut him off and inform him that it was a petty attempt at fault finding, I also tell him there’s nothing wrong with the repair and that unless he can tell me what’s wrong then I want the vehicle passed right there and then. The prick claimed the replacement bracket was only welded on three sides. I pointed out that it only has three sides, I even showed him a photo of the original three sided part to prove my point. He said he was adhering to guidelines and there was nothing further he could do other than refer me to the complaints procedure. I ask him to put the reason for failure in writing, he refuses. I tell him to catch himself on, that I’m not starting in to fix something that isn’t broken. Then he tells me that he is only the acting manager and that he’ll speak to the manager on my behalf. I take a copy of the complainant procedure and write out his description of the fault and ask him to initial it, he refuses.
I’m bate, I tell him that the lout outside has no manners but that he should know better and that he’s leaving me no option but to make a complaint.
This afternoon I phoned to book another retest. Turns out three weeks have expired since the original test so I have to book a full test and pay the full fee. Happy Christmas DVA.

6 Likes

Cool story bro

1 Like

:rollseyes:

Thanks for taking the time to read it. It helps to know that you care

2 Likes

I feel your pain. My good pal moss side Nige would pass it in a jiffy

1 Like

Most would pass it. Hoping for a cancellation for Thursday or Friday.
Local garages can issue an mot over there? Sounds like a civilised system.

Yep. Most any place. Generally once the tyres brakes and steering are safe, they will pass anything.

You should be entitled to appeal the finding which should stop the clock. Go for the appeal with complaint in tandem. Copy all to DVA. also further complain that you weren’t given inglfo about appeal procedure.

1 Like

Were they Protestants?

I’d say the first one was. But od take the lout for a taig and the manager for a prod.

:joy: Ah lovely

And you went back to the exact same place for the re-test?

Why not? The first test was fair enough

You would have thought they would have remembered your motor. Or kept some records.

The first thing yhe tester does is run check the details on his screen- mileage, test or retest, faults etc

He was only a cunt so.

1 Like