The Official TFK NCT Thread

Pass :pint:

What is your car?

@ClarkeyCat kindly use the official NCT test thread

Passed 2 weeks ago. I think my car is fully road legal for the first time in the 5 years I have owned the thing.

Here you are @Boxtyeater

I nearly passed tues. have to buy a new front tyre, visual and then im ok, do you have to book for a visual inspection?

No just turn up with the docket.

I’ll borrow a tyre for it, the kunts

They’ll be none the wiser as long as it’s on the car.

[QUOTE=“Fagan ODowd, post: 988649, member: 706”]Here you are [USER=246]@Fagan ODowd

Thanks @Fagan ODowd :

I brought the chariot for the NCT on 10/07/2014. As a man with fuck-all to do, I’d done the major checks myself, giving the car a Pass+. To my horror, the NCT representative doing the test - Igor - declined a Pass mark.

Reason: Engine oil level incorrect - emission test therefore dangerous. Result: Fail…Hmmmm.

I’m normally a stoic type of fucker but this rose the B/P…
The sign at the entry point said “Abusive patrons will be removed etc.,”…Exit, deflated…
Rings Bolands, last service agent, procures data-log of oil-levels, service intervals, blah-blah.

Re-test: no change to oil-levels - passes - -€28. Huffed!!!

Rings NCT HQ today…Hmmm–that crossed our radar :rolleyes:

I’m in the early stages of a complete breakdown…A complete fucking scam…[/USER][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=“Boxtyeater, post: 988670, member: 246”][/QUOTE]
Cunts

What are the penalties if your found driving having not passed NCT. I was told on the QT by a (half cut) guard that you’ll be fine so long as you have a copy of a test you’ve booked in the car with you

An absolute racket

An absolute racket^^ in response to Boxtys post, not quoting for some reason

correct…huge waiting lists now…

Just turn up. Swap one of the other Tyres for it, I’m lead to believe that should suffice.

Ooh! I got on to Amanda at HQ. This was earlier today, I confess to having being drinking an odd whiskey and chaser, in the company of a more elderly neighbour, who was pursuing a straying bullock. Our dog had pinned the bastard yesterday, he was in our land, but a stray is not a prize. We had a grand robust envening, herself being gone to Carrigaline,to her sister’s loosened the traps…Fuck the NCT issue, I have that wrapped up.

But two oul’ boys, their lives behind them, as I well know, sitting in a garden/orchard/swing scenario - interspersing country-measures and cool cans to follow. The bullock is safer than his master, that’s what it’s all about. [SIZE=3]A fucking grand day apart from my cousins issues…[/SIZE]

1 Like

Here in my beloved Northpoint 2 this morning awaiting my fate. My favourite post apocalyptic spot.

Expecting a fail here, I hasten to add. A fairly spectacular fail, at that.

An auld buck like you fagan with your kinda money should just but a span new car and fuck the NCT