The Official TFK NCT Thread

What’ll that set me back?

Depends on car make.

Generally most brands can be got in good Motor factors, bit of labour fitting four though

Bic lighter and off you go….

2 Likes

I won’t be fitting them.

That was my point bro

Should be near enough the grand. Depends on car make but you’re looking at possibly €400 for the parts and €500 upwards for labour. Shop around for the shocks and get some young lad with a lift to fit them. Batin’ into a serious garage is a costly number.

That’s what I thought. Still there’s 125k on the car and that’s the first bit of cash I’ve had to put into it.

1 Like

Be tough sourcing parts for the fiat mirafiori these days.

2 Likes

Would have been waiting until October for a test in Limerick, Charleville or Abbeyfeale, so off to Ennis with me this morning having divested the car of any accoutrements that might have identified me as being from Limerick.

A pass from the fine Indian gentleman who did the test. He also took a shine to the stack of hurleys in the boot and was waving one around at his Clare colleagues.

4 Likes

You’d have an empty boot and glove compartment if it was the testing center in Limerick

3 Likes

How old is it?

My yoke is a 12 and I got a severe telling off from the nct tester a month back about the condition of the brake lines. I passed that on to my mechanic who was surprised. Last service was in October. Had to replace the whole lot. No other issues. 340k kms

1 Like

Disappointing to see shocks issues at that age.

There’s always something with cars.

Road surfacing

Expand please? Hitting potholes is it?

Go on?

He’s implying you’re a bad driver

I have my moments

Speed bumps.