The Official TFK NCT Thread

That was probably @StoneCold

Alas I am only in a trusty old Ford Focus

2 Likes

The best oul yoke on the road

1 Like

Spent half of yesterday footering with a brake/tail light. First bought new bulbs, later i returned to the autoparts store in disgust- to exchange bulbs for correct ones, then went to another autoparts because i didn’t didn’t trust either of the well-meaning but dithering oul lad’s bulb recommendations. My suspicions proved correct- went home and installed correct bulbs but still no lights. Took out the tail light and made a fiendishly clever tinfoil based repair to a burnt out connection (no hats were harmed etc).
He shoots, he scores.

You could have checked the bulb with a 9v battery or a spare car battery if you have one.
Or an ohm metre…

I just trusted the dash readout … i dont do my own research

Based on your tin-foil repair I think you’ll have to start learning.

Another glorious pass on a retest.

4 Likes

The older Focus model leaks at the back and is a pain to sort out when it happens.

I’m leaking meself a bit with age😄

Just had my suspicions about the r1100 confined :flushed:

Cc @carryharry

I’d imagine you had more than a suspicion? :joy:

I only barely made it home the last time. Had been all noise and no action for a while :joy:
Bought myself a super blackbird to replace it, but I reckon I’ll hang onto it tbh. It’s a grand bike for leaving at the station.

You got your money’s worth there, fair play!

1 Like

I certainly did. Big job to get at the damn thing. BMW bike designers do not make things easy for repairs. It’s a £120 part £800 labour job. Your man reckoned I should flog it as is when I told him I was confident it was the clutch but it’s a grand oul bus so I’ll keep it. Here’s the new (to me) bus

2 Likes

By God. The divil on two wheels :motor_scooter:

Do you have colour co-ordinated leather gear for that?

1 Like

I dont. Do you have them yourself?

Don’t be stuck, here you go. Chape too :rofl:

I have this jacket

1 Like