The Official TFK NCT Thread

The abuse carved into the counter in Roxboro is gas. Literally under their noses. Used to see it on my semi-regular trips in there to get the off the road form stamped for 3months free tax.

A great little country.

Deary me

How many locations are there to test in the country? Over here you see them everywhere, you just drive in, join a queue and get sorted in a half an hour.

It’s simples lads. There is a date of expiry on your cert. You plan ahead and book accordingly for your local centre or centre or preference. Should you go blonde all of a sudden, something that happens MB sometimes also, book a date as close as you can both geographically and to your expiry date and then email for a cancellation. You’ll get one within 2 weeks. Easy as wetting the bed.
When booking I have found test times like 7am Monday, anytime Sunday and after 8pm any day get me 100% pass rate.

A gaa gearbag obviously ffs. Soccer :smile:

We pass the the big BCA place on the way to swimming every Saturday morning. Last Saturday, for the first time, there was about 100 Tesla’s in the lot waiting for resale, presumably the first big round of end of lease cars. To counter this there were about 60 rangerovers as well.
Second hand electric car market will get going now I think.

Yet another muldoon who doesnt know what ‘gear’ means…

1 Like

A visual but I have a plan to get the re-test done today.

:ronnyroar:

Minus 40 euro though

4 Likes

Is that the fee or the bribe?

You’re not inferring that Paddy would attempt to pull off a stroke like this.
Never, never, never…….’maybe now and again’ might be more accurate.

A quick trip over to Rehilans for a reverse light switch and a new hooter and the job is oxo.

Could hear the relay clicking when the horn was pressed so was easy enough to diagnose.

A 30 second visual inspection for €0

2 Likes

Pass on the details to @Mac about where to get the new hooter

The missus had her NCT expired since last May; she had a test on the 7th of February and passed but was only given a disk valid to May 2023. Is this correct?

Yes. Book another test asap for your '24 cert. You can do it within 3 months prior to expiry.

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

Yes, it’s all part of the scam

1 Like

I had a 13 month out of date NCT (was due early Jan 22). I passed at the end of January just there and my disc is valid to Jan 24.

So my experience is different to what you and others have outlined.

How old is the car? Is it on a 2 year cycle or just one?

1 Like

No flies on you. @StoneCold must be driving one that needs the yearly test.
That said there’s the world of yokes out there with no NCT. I gave a full minute the other day studying the windscreen of a BMW330. Tax expired 12/20 and NCT 07/21. The insurance disc appeared to be legitimately in date but may not have been should a claim be required.

As I was returning to my own motor about 10 minutes later I spotted the offending owner closing the boot….

Wife - beater garb :white_check_mark:
Fag stuck in gob :white_check_mark:
Gold neck chain :white_check_mark:
Tattooed neck & arms :white_check_mark:
Sunglasses on head :white_check_mark:

I opted not to start a conversation about road tax or other trivial matters.

8 Likes