The Official TFK NCT Thread

The brother in law asked for the loan of the run around on Tues while his own car is in for repair. I went out to inspect all was in order but alas the tax was out since Jan and the NCT was out that day. Jumped online, tax sorted no problem, sent him the proof of transaction and then onto NCT. Up pops 10 am Sat 13th (today) in Ballinasloe. 3 minor thingeens no big deal. And they say you can’t get an appointment…

1 Like

Signing in lads. Had to get brakepads fitted but it’s the least anxious I ever was going NCT.

Could be two big beatings for Galwaymen today.

Hon fucking Galway! I’ll see ye in 2025 scans.

11 Likes

Nct due but got a date of march 2024 for my nearest one :hushed:. Even if I travel a bit the earliest I can get is January. Is there something I’m missing here or is that what I’m stuck with?

Give them a ring and you will be sorted within a few weeks.

2 Likes

Try over a couple of nights checking availability after 12 midnight all free slots go on line when office is closed should get one in two/three weeks.

Here we go. The NCT centre in Ballysimon will become a religious shrine if this passes, such will be the level of miracle.

It’s only a question of what’s required and whether it’s worthwhile or whether I’ll have to scrap it

1 Like

What you driving? Is it an auld banger?

It owes him nothing

1 Like

A shit heap 07 Astra that has been driven into the ground. I would have gotten rid already only second hand cars are so expensive at the minute

1 Like

Have some self respect man! How is that yoke still driving. They weren’t much use when brand new

1 Like

It’s still running perfect and never had to do much to it. A beast of a yoke.

1 Like

Drive it till the wheels fall off so

1 Like

What mileage?

They’re crazy. Was chatting to my mechanic the other day and was saying I was thinking of changing in next year. He said what was I going to buy cos there was fuckall out there. Told me he had a crashed Skoda in back. Woman had paid 21k for it, insurance company offering her more than that (I think he said 25k) but she can’t find a replacement for less than 29🤷‍♂️

1 Like

200k and a bit.

Failed on a good few things. RIP to the old dog

6 Likes

Low mileage for an 07. I’ve 250k on a 13 car. I had 320k on an 11 year old Golf when I traded it in before.

That is low.
Working from the bed keeps it down I suppose

This is it. I’ve put very little on it the last 4 or 5 years. It was driven hard before that. It’s not the most fuel efficient so the other car gets all the long drives.

I got the full bingo. Wishbones, drop links, suspension, emissions

1 Like

What’s the craic with a new car? Do you get an NCT holiday?