The Official TFK NCT Thread

They don’t need to be NCT until over 4 years old I think

1 Like

Its been sitting in his drive since February 2020. He occasionally goes as far as the shop if there’s no popcorn for the afternon netflix movie after his 2pm nap.

3 Likes

Like a Paul Clarke managed O’Byrne Cup team, we went down to the Navan test centre and walked all over the cunts.

7 Likes

Its 50mins since the Berlingo went in lads…

Not an NCT

Cvrt you cunt! Passed!

8 Likes

I was back in again with the other car yesterday. Passed first time thank fuck. Now I had to buy a new belt for the fan for €300 beforehand, why the cunt couldn’t buy a pair of pants that fit I don’t know.

The two cars have absolutely bled me dry the last two months.

Could be worse, you could be giving it to a doctor.

Do you need two cars living in city? Are either of you WFH?

He has to hold the parking spaces outside the door or they’ll put in a bus lane.

1 Like

Not yet time for the NCT (it will be May). My yoke had its 12th birthday last week and sailed through a full service today as it closes in on 400k kms on the clock. Just the one not-so-careful driver and only once crashed. Hoping for another 4 years & 100k kms now.

Had a long chat with the mechanic about the second-hand market. His simple advice was to avoid it.

5 Likes

Trojan effort. What sort of car is it?

A good un

4 Likes

Taken in ahead of time

Good news I hope?

Good for another year of road anyhow

8 Likes

I’m in tonight. Went to get the Vehicle Registration Cert from the folder it’s usually in. Nowhere to be found. I can’t remember - do they usually check for it?

They haven’t the last couple of times I was in anyway. If your licence matches the reg owner name they’re usually happy

1 Like

I think if the car has been previously been NCT’d the likelihood is they won’t ask for it as it’s already on “the system”. Depends as well of course on what class of jobsworth is sitting behind the counter.

1 Like

It’s an 11 year old car so definitely not its first rodeo :pray: