The Official TFK Table Quiz Thread

I was blackboard jungle too. Made the quarters which won us a Sony CD player each. Definitely maybe burned to the core that summer.

1 Like

Knocked out in the semis in Portlaw. One of the little cunts (Conor Quinn) making up the numbers on the team mixed up Columbanus and Colmcille.

2 Likes

Darcy was an awful wanker, even back then. I was on on the first series so I got a hardback OED

1 Like

Amateur hour. Won a couple of counties. Lost one year because future county hurler Podge Tobin didnā€™t know how many sides were in a pentagon. Almost won the Munster Pioneer quiz one year. I was a gun for hire. Pub quizzes ruined me.

5 Likes

I have a lovely piece of Waterford Glass here that I won for winning the Pioneer Quiz.

1 Like

George Byrne who set the questions was a bit of a cunt too. We challenged an incorrect answer we gave and he went ape (we were right in the end) and they had to pull out a fresh set of questions.

For the first three shows that were recorded back to back, we were given food vouchers to the rte canteen for lunch with no value on them. We had a good few mates in the audience and loaded up the tray with magnums, bottles of coke and sweets like the northsiders we were. When we returned for the quarters there was a Ā£5 limit on the voucher :joy::joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

I won the munster pioneer quiz, it was in Charleville the same day Luton beat Arsenal in the league cup final, picture in the Echo and all

1 Like

We used to have quizzes in primary school three days a week after lunch in 5th and 6th class. The teacher used to be the local quizmaster for the Guinness pub quiz so he would use those questions when available. There were cash prizes for the winner but if you missed a question that the teacher felt you should have got, you got a slap of his cane. Character forming.

4 Likes

Quizzes were great - theyā€™ve been fucking ruined by Google and the mobile phone.

We lost it down in Mallow I think.

Was there an All Ireland, i think we won that as well, not bad for a gouger school,

I was collecting answer sheets at an adults quiz back then, a question was what was the name of oasisā€™ last album. A team hadnā€™t a clue and asked me, i said its definitely maybeā€¦ they wrote down maybe as the answer

10 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

There was a scandal relating to a Pioneer Quiz in Waterford in the 1970s that has never been disclosed but has been eating me up inside ever since.

1 Like

They objected to you because you were drinking? That happened to me.

1 Like

It was worse than that.

ā€œKnow your sportā€ veteran signing in.
Didnā€™t like Jimmy Magee.
George Hamilton was sound enough.

4 Likes

Howā€™d you get on? I fluked a first round win but got found out in the next stage.

2 Likes

Go on. Let the truth set you free

Well modesty forbids meā€¦
but got to final but then got a hiding and limped home last.
My prize a tv and video player - but if a let down.

2 Likes