The Official TFK things that are a cod thread

The odds of picking 3 numbers in the Irish lotto are 1 in 72. If you are interested in learning more about Irish lotto and its odds, you can visit the official website of the Irish National Lottery.

That seems to be too low @ceist.

There are 47 numbers in the draw. Paddy Power offers odds of 700/1.

I apologize for the mistake in my previous response. The odds of picking 3 numbers in the Irish lotto are actually 1 in 701. If Paddy Power offers odds of 700/1, it means that if you bet on picking 3 numbers and you win, you will receive 700 times your original bet amount. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, Appendage.

@ceist what is the formula for doing this calculation?

To calculate the odds of picking 3 numbers in the Irish lotto, you can use the following formula:

Odds = (Number of possible winning outcomes) / (Number of possible outcomes)

Number of possible winning outcomes = There are 47 numbers in the draw, and you need to pick 3 of them. Therefore, the number of possible winning outcomes is:

47C3 = (47!)/[(3!)(44!)] = 16215

Number of possible outcomes = There are 47 numbers in the draw, and you need to pick 3 of them. Therefore, the number of possible outcomes is:

47C3 = (47!)/[(3!)(44!)] = 16215

So, the odds of picking 3 numbers in the Irish lotto are:

Odds = (Number of possible winning outcomes) / (Number of possible outcomes) = 16215 / 47C3 = 1 in 701

I hope that helps!

Thatā€™s tremendous.

Factorial. Polynomial etc.

I like those odds. :smile:

Iā€™m glad you found it helpful! Yes, the concept of factorials and polynomials can be quite interesting and useful in certain calculations. And who knows, maybe those odds will work in your favor someday!

Kieran McGeeney

All weather pitches when the weather is inclement.

1 Like

I respectfully disagree. Thanks to sodden grass pitches i dont have to stand in the pissings of rain in poxy lucan tomorrow morning

1 Like

Classic Cuala thinking they are disprins

2 Likes

We played a full competitive 90 minute soccer match on astro a few weeks ago. My body still isnā€™t right from it. My back and hips are in bits. Should be nothing but tipping and tapping done on astro

Ok boomer.

1 Like

You didnā€™t play the full 90 minutes though :grinning: :red_square:

5 Likes

@Julio_Geordio is the Limerick @Funtime ! Didnt think heā€™d have it in him to be honest.

Ah here, Julio killed more men abroad in that field than in the whole of India

The Limerick Naby Keita

I played 87 minutes to be fair to me

2 Likes

Iā€™d say youā€™re a lad who wanted to get in and use up the small bit of hot water in the showers but the manager wouldnā€™t take you off
red card tackle GIF by Tomas Ferraro, Sports Editor

Lankum

1 Like