The Olympics

Theres no room for a day off at the Olympics. Training all your life for a moment. Itā€™s sick really

1 Like

long jump final and Hammer qualifying boiling away nicely now.
Gabrielle Thomas is some woman in the 200m

shericka!!
jesus

Phil Healy out of the 200 as well. It was a good Olympics while it lasted for the Irish.

Some finish to the long jump

I still would with Phil

That was some smash and grab effort in the final round from the Greek to win the Menā€™s Long Jump.

No, but he is related to former NFL wide receiver Jeremy Kerley. Cousins.

A flop from Dingley.
Looking like finishing in the bottom 2 or 3.

Fuck this shit

The jap had a melt down

One of my kids said that every event should have a ā€˜good at a local levelā€™ competitor to show off just how good the Olympians are in comparison, prompted by my 12 year old saying that a lad in her class would have won the BMX racing

9 Likes

Bizzarely thatā€™s the 3rd time Iā€™ve seen/heard that in the past couple of days. Once on the radio, in a tweet and now here.

4 Likes

Found myself roaring laughing at some of the dives this morning. They were like lads on the lash in Santa Ponza.

Disappointing tournament for Dingley considering his exploits in Rio.

ā€œThis ainā€™t the parish sports Gregā€

Mageehan said she damaged her calf on her last hard training run.

1 Like

I reckon I would be class in the floor routine in gymnastics. About twice the size of the other competitors and doing flips to Sean South of Garryowen. Without spilling my can of Bulmer or dropping the fag.

Is there a greyhound stadium in the Olympic Park in Toyko selling 3 for a tenner?

1 Like

Iā€™d love to have done gymnastics when I was younger. Iā€™d say there would be serious athletic advantages in other sports from having a gymnastics background at a young age.

3 Likes

You do enough mental gymnastics around here to make up for it.

21 Likes

How dare you impugn my internet debating integrity. I pride myself on my principles.

1 Like