The Olympics

That was an almost unbelievable performance by Sifan Hassan to recover from her last lap fall to win her heat of the 1500 last night.

Let’s see can the formerly Alberto Salazar coached athlete win the first of a possible three individual track gold medals here in the 5000.

They could really do with going back to Sonia in studio mid race to give George a dig out

Unbelievable stuff from Hassan. Unbelievable.

Pas normal?

It was like watching Lance Armstrong on Luz Ardiden in 2003.

1 Like

Obviously very well prepared

2 Likes

Bit of a disaster in the pole vault there for some American lass.

Derval is buying it anyway.

Wasn’t there an O’Donoghue who used to commentate on track and field on RTE? Is he passed away?

There was, his righteous indignation at Khalid Skah and his lapped Moroccan teammate in the 1992 Olympic final, (I think), lives in my memory

1 Like

This Polish ladies in the velodrome have a pair of thighs that would split you in two

1 Like

India knocked Australia out of the women’s hockey :astonished:

1 Like

Shane??
He’s gone to work for CNN

Real women in the sprint cycling :heart_eyes:

I’m pretty sure it was Tony as well

1 Like

I’m almost certain you are correct and his name was Tony.

2 Likes

BBC had the bones of 10 minutes of highlights of the USA Canada ladies football semi final. There was one save and what can only be described as car crash defending for a penalty. It wax so devoid of highlights, one of the highlights they showed and replayed was of one of the Canadian midfielders dispossessing Rose Lavelle and then putting the subsequent pass out of play for a goal kick

2 Likes

1 Like

Billy Walsh channelling Eamon Cregan in 1994.

2 Likes

A Timmy McCarthy soundboard :slight_smile:

6 Likes