The Olympics

2 lads are in Tokyo watching the feed

Diver would have been 2nd of Europeans?

I actually didn’t include her as Aussie flag threw me but there was a German and Belarusian ahead of her.

1 Like

He used to cover the National Cross Country championship in the muck and shite back in the mid 90s on Sports Stadium. There might have been a 3 o clock game on from Roker or Ayersome Park or whichever that would be interrupted to go to Greg doing his thing like the consummate professional he is. The voice of a generation.

2 Likes

Running away from the Belarusian regime’s goon squads would be savage training for a marathon.

Why? Because she expressed joy crossing the finish line and winning an Olympic medal after running 26.1 miles in brutally hot conditions.

1 Like

Some lads just despise white Americans

A pro. Must be around the 60 now. Always knows his stuff, unlike some of the bluffers covering GAA

1 Like

Was Roy Willouby athletics correspondent on Rte years ago?

Sounds familiar. Willoughby I think

Is this ladies golf live?

It’s definitely on right now anyway, whether they’re jumping in and out of coverage

These female spider-monkeys on EuroSport 2 are very impressive

1 Like

Lydia Ko charging up the leaderboard at the golf, well worth a watch. Poetry in motion.

Well I never…

Giacomo Spazzini is the guy’s name.

The Italian sprinter who won a shock Olympic 100m gold was forced to split with his sports nutritionist, who is the subject of a police investigation into the illegal distribution of anabolic steroids.

On Sunday Lamont Marcell Jacobs was the surprise winner of the most coveted prize in the Olympics with a European record of 9.80 sec, and yesterday he added another gold medal as part of the Italian 4x100m men’s relay team.

He only broke ten seconds for the 100m in May and as a consequence was not included in the Athletics Integrity Unit’s drug testing pool, which targets the world’s best athletes. Indeed, in the 100m final he was the only sprinter not on the AIU list.

Drugs in sport, well knock me with a feather.

Dramatico in the Women’s golf.

It does show that 10000 hours bollox that the tan ping pong player made up for what it is though. Some people are just born to it.

2 Likes

The climbing is one of the best things ever in the Olympics. It’s absolutely mesmerising, every bit of it.
Another great race was the mixed triathlon relay. I greatly wanted GB to win it, as a couple of them turned up to some of the back of a fag box aquathlons we ran down in Salford quays, so I felt oddly connected to them. We were laughing the last day as Stuey Moore, who was the main organiser (he’s won the Galway bay swim a few times) was delightedly announcing at the last one that the lass with the double barreled second name was the first ever overall lady winner, and wasn’t it great to see, as he awarded her her £20 first prize voucher for running bear. None of us had a clue who she was, and she just seemed like a local punter and she was lovely and gracious. The best thing about the Olympics race though, was the face on Alex Yee, the lad doing the last leg, when he was on the run. His face on the last lap was the perfect reflection of that awful feeling of pushing right to the brink.

7 Likes

Men’s marathon tonight. A lot to live up to after the women’s marathon.

Hard to beat a good race. Are you fast enough. Are you tough enough to keep hurting longer than your rivals.

2 Likes

Yee is some runner, he ran sub 14 at Dulwich Parkrun a few years back, didn’t even break a sweat

2 Likes