The Olympics

Pictures from 14 year old diver Tom Daly#s Olympics

Good man Tom…

Billy Walsh’s Olympic homecoming party is taking place in The Gaelic Bar, Bishopswater, Wexford tonight kicking off at 8pm and all are welcome. PM Farmer for directions - it’s very close to where he drove into the back of a taxi before the Wexford-Leitrim clash in Wexford Park last March.

say it ain’t so!

with all his whinging about other drivers, this is very had to believe
I think he just stretched his legs and kicked out his radiator by accident.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/China-Olympic-Gymnast-He-Kexin-Was-Old-Enough-To-Compete-According-To-Inquiry/Article/200810115111036?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15111036_China_Olympic_Gymnast_He_Kexin_Was_Old_Enough_To_Compete%2C_According_To_Inquiry

Paddy Barnes MBE to be Ireland’s flag bearer at the opening ceremony in Rio

3 Likes

I started crying watching that, a different era

1 Like

Qualified for an event that won’t happen.

Fair play to him all the same.

It’ll happen in June 2022.

1 Like

Breakdancing, did these people should turn on RTE at 3.15 irish time Sunday. They will see a real sport.

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

great stuff

in reality it has everything already = the GC is hosting/held the commonwealth game so will have lots of stuff already

A lovely place in a lovely state with lovely weather

Brisbane is one of the most beautiful places on the planet.

Ireland will have a diver in this years Games if they go ahead. It’s one of the best sports to reward putting down a short few hours watching and become an expert in.

Tanya Watson has become the first Irish female diver to qualify for the Olympic games, following her success at the FINA Diving World Cup in Tokyo.

Ireland has a rich tradition of diving success at World Cups in Japan, going back to Damien Duff.

This is going to split the forum

I think that makes a mockery of gendered competition.

1 Like

Are you casting aspersions on a 40 year old woman trapped in a man’s body who dreams of winning Olympic gold as a weightlifter.

1 Like

I dont think it’s very fair on people who were born and raised as women to have to compete with someone who was born and raised a man and remained a man for over 30 years. Especially in a strength sport

3 Likes