The Olympics

That was a great win

I didn’t realise Eurosport have the exclusive rights this time around. It explains why the BBC coverage is trimmed down. Eurosport have launched an additional 6 channels to cover the Olympics.

1 Like

Rhys McClenaghan surely has a great shout at a medal? He’s a brilliant young man to listen to. Infectious enthusiasm and always so positive. Sounds genuinely happy just to be an Olympian and what that means for him. It’d be brilliant to see him go close

2 Likes

Be a good idea to buy the Eurosport player app for the month. They are owned by Discovery.

1 Like

3 v 3 basketball on here. 100 mile an hour stuff. Assume it is a new Olympics sport

Heartbreak for Jack Woolley in the Taekwondo. In floods of tears after a last second loss and exit.

Six white guys, zero dunking

@Locke Dan Martin was 16th. Not bad considering

2 Likes

Excellent analysis from Eric Donovan on Kurt Warner’s win in the boxing and Mark Casserly on Jack Wooley’s agonising defeat in the Taekwondo.

Grainne Murphy and Andrew Bree are our swimming experts. Hopefully Nick O’Hare will be making some appearances over the next week.

Who was RTE’s cycling commentator? He was very enthusiastic. I think his first name was Declan.

1 Like

Cc @Neilfrancis

1 Like

Member of the rap community here for Japan dunking like a mo fo.

Any coverage of the weightlifting yet? Presumably the doyen of weightlifting commentators Ronan Collins will be calling the action?

1 Like

Yea it’s new. I’ve applied for tickets to it for next years Commonwealths.

Tough on Woolly, he distraught. The killer blow is he has 48hrs to vacate the Olympic village. Tough break for him.

Haven’t seen any coverage yet but I did come across this unfortunate story yesterday about a Canadian competitor.

Most impressive city I’ve ever been in
. It’s an awful shame. These could have been a classic games and now noone gives a fuck.

2 Likes

I know nothing about the pommel horse but he looked better than all the other lads at it. Half of them fell off.

1 Like

Is the repechage in the rowing like a shield or can you get back into medal contention through it?

It’s like an All-Ireland qualifier at Fortress Aughrim. The very first qualifiers in 2001 produced an All-Ireland champion team which had to come through Fortress Aughrim. But Rowing had the back door before anybody. Where they led, the GAA followed.

John Kenny has discovered the phrase “outside smoker” in the swimming heats and is using it to fucking death here.

3 Likes