The Olympics

Jake is on a slightly different buzz to the rest of the family.

2 Likes

An RTE camera crew in your gaff in the middle of the night while you watch your son or daughter or brother or sister in an Olympic final would be a wee bit inhibiting, I’d imagine.

I’d be on can seven and line 3, the ashtray would be overflowing, there would be holes in the carpet and I’d be doing weird shrieking sounds.

1 Like

Another gold for Australia in the pool! Jack Stubbly Cock takes the 200m breaststroke.

1 Like

While here in Eire we’re left looking at fucking golf. For FFS.

Haughey out again now in the 100m freestyle.

Our own Emma McKeon lines up in the second semi.

OK
golf on network 2, bizarre voiceover style production or bmx racing on eurosport, we are really in at the deep end now.
What time will Andrew Bree come online for the swimming?

The Aussie McKeon surely pure Leitrim, or Ballinalee?

she has a freakish looking physique

11am in Tokyo …thats my headspace now

She’s fairly petite, albeit long limbed.

McKeon and Haughey set up an interesting final.

All eyes on the mens 100m freestyle in 30 minutes.

It’s US v Australia and Dressel v Chalmers.

Don’t rule out yesterday’s surprise packet, Kilment Kolesnikov.

One of me earliest memories is me oul’ fella hitting the roof at 8 in the morning the day after the Los Angeles Olympics finished when he heard John Treacy had finished second in the marathon. His delight was mixed in with a degree of sheer disgust at himself that he hadn’t stayed up to watch it. It is a disgrace that the marathon finishing half an hour before the closing ceremony starts has been done away with.

The whole of me family watched Carruth winning that morning in Barcelona and the moment his arms raised we hit the roof in genuine ecstasy. When Katie Taylor won I was in the the Big Chill House in King’s Cross. I was already well on despite only getting there an hour before the start of the fight and I continued drinking for the following nine hours, which included very drunk conversations with Ken Early, group hummings of Chariots Of Fire, and the gold medallist herself making a grand entrance to the Big Chill House down a lane at the back, which I saw happen from the rooftop beer garden.

Even in 1996 I can recall getting pissed on two cans of Budweiser with me brother and blasting out Cigarettes and Alcohol by Oasis at 4am after Michelle Smith “won” her first gold medal, it was on a Saturday night.

I watched the rowing tonight on me own with a glass of gin and a cherry drink.

3 Likes

9:40 am.

Some South African cunt on the world feed has just told us that Justin Thomas has got 11 successive pars.

This is NOT the Olympic Games.

I want glistening female swimmers and the authoritative analysis of Nick O’Hare and Earl McCarthy.

Ireland Ireland Ireland

What. A. Finish.

Dressel takes gold by .06 of a second with a new Olympic record, from Kyle Chalmers in 2nd.

The Russki takes bronze.

Dressel wins the 100 metres freestyle final by a hair over Chalmers. Not live on RTE. Fuck you @Chucks_Nwoko.

BBC interview with Dressel lasts eight seconds. “Well, he is a busy man.”

What?! Are they showing reruns of the Bangles on TOTP2 or something?

Fair play to the 2 Skib boys. O’Donovan is an animal in fariness.

1 Like