The Olympics

corkness

Great stuff, was worried George was going to jinx it with about 100 meters to go

Paul O’Donovan is some man

Jacky Hurley is a national embarrassment.
This is deeply disrespectful by RTE, think of the great chairs who have presided and commentated over the great days of irish sport?, I’ll give George Hamilton his due but Peter Collins must feel sick.

The medal winning rowers will probably be tormented by Dessie Cahill the next few days

These big sporting occasions require people with authority, but who also have a Mammy’s instincts, to make us feel safe, to reassure us, even if there is nothing to be reassured about.

Bill could do it. Gilesy could do it. Mick Dowling could do it. Gary O’Toole could do it. Ryle Nugent and Jim Sherwin had a reassurance about them. George scares us all to death but that’s strangely reassuring. Even Eamo in his own way could reassure us.

As a viewer on these big occasions, you’re going into battle too. And that requires an authoritative on screen leader.

At least if we ever have a medal contender in weightlifting we’ll have a true on screen leader and expert to reassure us in Ronan Collins.

Blanket finish coming up here in the ladies lightweight double sculls…

Astonishing finish!

The Dutch went from 1st and a third of a length ahead to 3rd, all in the last 20 metres.

Another 4th for Team GB

.01 of a second.

Incredible finish.

They’ve paid a heavy, heavy price for getting rid of Jurgen Grobler.

Had the finishing line been a yard further on they’d have overtaken the Dutch, mind.

This is only our third proper gold medal since Ronnie Delany in Melbourne in 1956, and our first non-boxing one since then.

Here comes another mention for Fianna Fail.

3 Likes

what a moment lads
Olympic Gold medal…
wow…I woke my son up there, he needed to see that, its of national importance
George is playing a blinder here as is David Gillick

5 Likes

Cmon Sanita.

Not looking great.

Hon Sanita!

Back down to earth again

Never got going, very disappointing.

Piss poor.