The Olympics

Thereā€™s no sympathy in elite sport. And those in it know the score.

Iā€™ll try get my head around most olympic sports, but I truly cant buy into utter shite along the lines of sailing, shooting, golf etc.

He presents loads of soccer

Explains a lot as to why I never see him

The Fijian women more or less assaulted Canadian femininity there.

Why is it always always posh sports like Swimming, Show jumping and sailing where we are caught cheating?

10 Likes

Sheā€™s in 14th at the minute with two more races tomorrow. Sheā€™ll need another big performance tomorrow to make it into the top 10 for the medal race. if she managed to grab a medal from here it would be poetic justice after she led in London 2012 from the off but came up short in the medal race.

The backlash took longer than expected in fairness.

Weirdos :joy:

Jesus the commitment that goes into rowing even at a national level for junior crews is incredible, fuck all glory in it either, you donā€™t get feted in the pub or on the street for kicking a point in a local final, just do it for themselves and their ā€˜teamā€™
Thereā€™s nothing like it,

Olympic Gold, fuck it CMAAAAN

6 Likes

Watching some super heavyweight boxing here. Some big Cuban unit against a Colombian.

1 Like

RTE keep showing ā€œmainstreamā€ sports like golf and tennis that nobody wants to see

Golf isnt a sport.

2 Likes

Thank fuck for Eurosport.

There is tennis on RTE 2 now.

RTEā€™s decision to show golf from the world feed last night instead of the swimming finals including the menā€™s 100 metres freestyle - where we had an actual world class commentary team present at the venue - is the final straw.

Jihad against McBennett.

Can someone put up the rte clip of the rowing ?

They gave a grand interview. Two lads secure in themselves and fairly laid back ā€” there wasnā€™t enough 'i suppose ā€™ or ā€˜juā€™knowā€™ thrown in for some people.

3 Likes

The skateboarding is the highlight so far

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rowing/2021/0729/1237888-tokyo-2020-gold-for-odonovan-and-mccarthy/

1 Like

That 800m freestyle looked unreal

Indeed, the best lightweight rower in the world, Olympic gold and silver, world champion, qualified physio, training doctor

But yeah, first and foremost a weirdo and an oddball :roll_eyes::man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Is he not in the boat with the brother any more?

Youā€™d want to be touched to be rowing at that level, iā€™ve seen them boys train on the ergometer in UL in the high performance place and theyā€™d put you to shame the condition of them