The Olympics

Iā€™m not talking about Skibb, it was a blanket statement, ā€˜rowing is a sport for failed rugby playing commerce graduatesā€™
Thatā€™s absolute bullshit, Iā€™m surprised you endorsed it,
Now Iā€™m done

How are we doing at the boxing? I know one of the boxers beat the number 1 there the other day, have we any in medal bouts yet or has the competition not that got that far yet?

Thereā€™s no such thing as a failed rubby playerā€¦

1 Like

Aidan Walsh is one fight away from a medal. I presume Kurt Warner is as well given heā€™s won two fights.

yes

Didnā€™t John Flanagan from Martinstown win three gold medals in the hammer throw?

Having kayaked about 3 times in TY in school myself I can say itā€™s not as easy as portrayed and requires real skill and dedication.

Was he competing for Ireland?

I think it was Warner that beat the number 1 seed is his weight the other day.

Heā€™ll probably need to go under 48 seconds to reach a final. Very big ask. But heā€™s proven himself a big stage kind of guy.

Only lose 13 of 37 tomorrow so heā€™ll cruise to semi final and then top two and two fastest to final.

A new low for @BruidheanChaorthainn - the middle of Galway race week and he hammering away at the keyboard looking for a row (pun intended).

Get out and enjoy yourself lad.

1 Like

Heā€™s 9th ranked in the world this year I think? So not impossible. I presumed he pulled himself out of the 4x400 relay to focus solely on the Hurdles to make the final?

1 Like

Ireland didnt exist

Emmet o brien in his gundalow are aiming at Paris 2024.

Do you count athletics?
They have to get from A to B without a canoe

2 Likes

The anti rugby crowd are seething that their middle class sport of choice has been criticised.

2 Likes

Brilliant interview and brilliant young men.

National treasures.

2 Likes

The swimming equivalent of the mixed doubles up here. Men racing women. Tremenjus.

Where I come from rowing was always the sport of the common man

2 Likes

Tis an awful thing when lads just donā€™t want to be happy

1 Like