The Olympics

McCormack, Haughey, McKeon… A great Olympics for the diaspora

2 Likes

Men’s 10,000 metres final at 12.30 this afternoon. The serious stuff is getting under way.

6 Likes

I’ve always said they’re possibly the worst sporting nation in the world.

All those people and all they have is a reasonably good test cricket team.

I think it’s 12.30 pal

1 Like

Half of them have the bubonic plague

1 Like

Indians don’t eat vegetables.

Is there any team element to the scoring in the Golf? Or is it just top 3 players get medals.

No team element. Top 3 win medals. Not sure what happens if three or four lads end up joint 2nd or 3rd. I presume play offs? Surely @gilgamboa could advise

Joint medals I’d say.

Ah fuck, that bollox thought it was 2 rounds.

I thought it was two per “team” but the US have Reed, Schauffele, Thomas and Morikawa out there.

But if you’ve five lads tied 2nd, then the next lad is technically 7th.

I would imagine play offs. Would be decent drama.

Medals will be awarded for first, second and third place to the top three finishers in each competition. Ties for first, second and third place will be broken by sudden-death playoff.

If two players are tied for the first position, a playoff will be conducted to determine the gold and silver medals. If three or more players tie for first, a playoff will be conducted to determine the gold, silver and bronze medals. If two or more players are tied for the second position, a playoff will be conducted to determine the silver and bronze medals. If two or more players are tied for the third position, a playoff will be conducted for the bronze medal. In any case, only one gold, one silver and one bronze medal will be awarded.

Thank you Google and the PGA

1 Like

Screenshot_20210730-090906__01__01

McIlroy the gallant Gael in the hunt.

4 Likes

Who gives a fuck about golf? Go away you gowls.

My credibility as an advisor in Olympic golf is in tatters.

But yes. Only 3 medals available so playoffs

No team element

Golf is a noble game. But it shouldnt be the professionals playing it in the Olympics

Golf shouldn’t be an Olympic sport unless they change it up and make it matchplay or a team event like a four ball or foursome like the first two days of the Ryder Cup.

To me the Olympics should be the pinnacle of the competing sport and I would doubt that there would be many competing golfers who would prioritise an Olympic gold over a major. Same with tennis, make it a team even or get rid.

3 Likes

Money spinners. Sponsorship and TV.