The Olympics

O keeffe gone.

Gillick gone.

Hession makes semi final, fair fucks to the Athenry man.

Stephanie Rice, gotta love Facebook.

Top notch stuff!

One for the lovely ladies thread most definately!

[quote=“Bandage”]Following my earlier Bolt accusations, let’s talk about Adlington.

There are shit loads of comparsions between her and Michelle Smith. She just won her second gold today and she was previously unheralded. She also broke the world record by over 2 seconds. Something certainly doesn’t add up. However, the main thing in common is how dog ugly both of them are.

Adlington:

Smith:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/photoessay/top10-doping/gfx/smith-michelle-getty-1996.jpg[/quote]

Bandy, you may want to take another look at the above.

Adlington was not “unheralded” in fact Team GB deliberately flew Anita Lonsborough to Bejing to talk her up.
She may be a surprise to you but she was no surprise for the 800 watchers, the gold in the 400 was definately out of the blue, however she was expected to feature.
In addition, Rebecca Adlington has been a prominent feature in the World scence since underage /junior World’s and Olympic events.

Michelle Smith was unknown until her mid 20’s and she became Mrs DeBruin. Mr DeBruin being an athlete with more than one suspension behind him and an unpopular and vocal speaker on preparation methods. In fact it was the *Dutch National Athletic Organisation (*unsure of correct title)that alerted the various other bodies (Swim Ireland or whatever it was known back in '93/94 included) to the possibility of influence.

I know for a fact that Michelle was tested in Seville. But the sample was given for a Diabetes study. Following which, she was told in words like this “okay, just take your medals and fuck off out of our sport”

you know the rest.

Please this isn’t a rant, just you know …give Rebecca Adlington her due. 800m is 16 lenghts of the NAC, 32 of any other corpo/ public pool. You do it.

Ah, I don’t have a clue about Adlington to be honest and the main reason I did the post was to highlight how ugly both of them are. I reckon history will confirm she was a cheat though - I just can’t prove it yet. Also, why would I want to do 32 lengths of a corporation swimming pool? Swimming is gash.

Okay, so its the ugly stakes.

FYI. This is Rebecca Adlington’s first Olympic Games, Atlanta was Michelle’s THIRD. 'nuff said.

I also noticed the British media haven’t been going overboard about her. They usually go nuts over the tiniest piece of success but this bint has won 2 golds to a relatively muted response from over yonder. Why? Or is it just that I haven’t really been watching the Olympics that much and missed all the glory of her win?

I wondered that too. But their female swimmers are doing mighty and this must choke their “Names”; Wilkie, Goodhew etc Also Sharon Davis was their only gal in the pool, and her medal was from the Moscow games (Mockba 80) despite the great June Croft that followed

BTW, the silver medalist in the 400IM, swimming for Zim, trains in Coventry. So they’ve definately got it right in the women’s training pool.

I hope its a clean win. European Girls need to get back to winning medals in the pool. Christina Egersaki(?) 's and Anna Maria Ver Strappon’s exploits weren’t a million years ago.

I would have taught the British done plenty of celebrating over her, already calls for her to be granted Dame status like Kelly Holmes?

Also Britain are having a fucking fantastic games so far, they’re struggling to keep track of the medals as far as I can see.

Just saw there that Paul Hession won his 200m quarter final - fair play to the Athenry man.

Denis Lynch has qualified for the final of the showjumping as well.

[quote=“Mac”]Just saw there that Paul Hession won his 200m quarter final - fair play to the Athenry man.

Denis Lynch has qualified for the final of the showjumping as well.[/quote]

Saw this in the pub at lunchtime. the bhoy made a show of himself abusing the guy who made a false start initially and then celebrating Hession’s win. 2 lads slowed up at the end knowing they’d already qualified and Hession sprinted past them and gave a few fist pumps at the end.

Michael Phelps conspiracy???

http://www.001ofasecond.com/

[quote=“Pikeman”]Michael Phelps conspiracy???

http://www.001ofasecond.com/[/quote]

We were discussing his connection with Omega in the pub last night.
That website is a fairly have arsed job, but there could be something in it alright. The Olympics needed Phelps to break Spitz record. A clean athlete to create history. Viewing figures in the U.S. are up something like 20% on the back of Phelps successes.

You would also have to question allowing a sponsor of an athlete to provide an “independent” timing system.

did anyone else see the carry on of the chinese 110 metre hurdler lei zheing(sic)…cried off after the whole nation was behind him and he was supposed to be their star…he hadn’t ran since may and rather than doing the honourable thing and say he wasn’t fit he decided to run 10 metres after a false start and pull up “injured”…

fair play to hession today as well he ran a cracking race…

[quote=“The Puke”]did anyone else see the carry on of the chinese 110 metre hurdler lei zheing(sic)…cried off after the whole nation was behind him and he was supposed to be their star…he hadn’t ran since may and rather than doing the honourable thing and say he wasn’t fit he decided to run 10 metres after a false start and pull up “injured”…

fair play to hession today as well he ran a cracking race…[/quote]

Apparently the Chinese broadcaster who announced he had pulled out was in floods of tears when he read it out and people left the stadium in their droves after they saw him leaving the track! Imagine taking running and jumping that seriously.

Re Hession - touch harsh Bandage. He ran a cracking race and ran 2 hundreths of a second outside his PB, good to see guys who can peak when it matters.

Re US loving Phelps - they didn’t even show the 100m final on NBC the insular bastards because Tyson Gay wasn’t in the final. Arseholes.

Some good looking Swedish bird crashed through a hurdle and fell when we were watching it at lunchtime too. Apparently she was one of the favourites - crying her eyes out so she was.

only saw them at the end of the bbc’s coverage yaesterday evening but there were a female trio who won gold in some sailing event and i think all 3 were absolute crackers…only saw them for 3/4 seconds but im pretty sure they were decent…anyone see them or know who they are…

They won 4 years ago too, won so early they could go off to the spa for a bit of work before the medal ceremony, now thats women who know their shit and what men want.

Yelena Isinbayeva, Olympic Pole Vault Champion.