The Olympics

christ is it?
heā€™s very well spoken

Nice catch by Gillick there, trackside interview wih maclaughlan

Siobhan Bernadette Haughey has withdrawn from the 50 metres freestyle. Thatā€™s the last of her in this Olympics.

But Saskia Tidey, daughter of Don Tidey, is chasing a medal in the sailing for Team GB.

Weā€™ve had a MacSharry from Sligo reaching a swimming final.

Iā€™m yet to be convinced that Nick Oā€™Hare isnā€™t a brother of Dessie Oā€™Hare.

At this stage I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see Shergarā€™s nephew pop up in the dressage for France.

2 Likes

Mark English OUT of the 800 metres in the heats.

Finishes fourth in his heat but thatā€™s not a qualifying position and he wont get in as one of the six fastest others.

100m free & butterfly double for Caleb Dressel. He is the man of this Olympics.

World record to boot.

Titmus is 9/2 to win this 800 metres freestyle. Ledecky 1/8.

The bookies were right.

Comfortable win for Ledecky.

I had the split screen on the go to catch Sarah Lavinā€™s 100m hurdle heat. 7th.

Just ten more swimming races left of the Olympics. Five more tonight, five tomorrow.

Australia will probably cut all broadcast here once the swimming is over.

1 Like

Dressel out again in the 50m freestyle semis now. Another gold in his sights.

The batshit relay final coming up. I want to see Emma McKeon up against Caleb Dressel.

McKeon had the 50m free semi final a minute ago straight into the 4x100m relay final. SHE HASNā€™T EVEN TAKEN HER HAT OFF!

She had two hats in that last race.

Dressel going for another gold here, anchoring them home.

This is a wonderful event.

Dressel routed by the women. Team GB are the champions.

And celebrated in typically humble fashion.

Novice mistake by the Yanks. Goggles failed for the womenā€™s 100 metres breaststroke winner Jacoby.

Just saw the replay of it, a fair performance given the poor start in the first leg butterfly