The Open

Him Rors and Lowry could all be in contention.

Probably a 64 or 65 out there today.

Harrington is +5 and Lowry is +3

Is that good for Irish golf?

1 Like

no the two Irish lads haven’t a hope.

McIlroy is Northern Irish

Easily a 62 or 63 out there today. This will be a huge weekend off Irish golf.

What a shot. Come on rors.

1 Like

Surprising you don’t mention Paul Dunne. An actual Irishman and best placed of the Irish.

Rory winning ticks both boxes. I’d love to see Rory crowned as the Champion Golfer of the Year on Sunday.

1 Like

This is one all golfers want. Would be another huge boast for Irish golf. Rider cup in adare to be announced and the open coming to our island in 2019.

1 Like

It would be a great win for a truly 32 county, all island sport like golf. The partitionist Eire soccer types are just seething over the prospect of Rory becoming the Champion Golfer of the Year, again.

1 Like

He chooses to represent Northern Ireland, Geoffrey. He should be given the freedom to make that choice.

It’s some year for 32 county sports like rugby and golf. While the eire soccer fans watched the World Cup at home flicking between sky sports news to catch the latest transfer news for their beloved English based soccer clubs.

1 Like

Soccer is for peasants - Rory had his chance to declare for Ireland and he didnt as he said he feels more British than Irish … he even uses British terminology like Londonderry.

Golf is a 32 sport on the island of Ireland, administered by the Golfing Union of Ireland on an all island basis. Much like cricket, rugby, hockey and indeed every sport on the island of Ireland bar partitionist soccer. In the Golf World Cup, its Ireland that competes, not Eire or Northern Ireland. Rory was on the Ireland team that were runners up in the Golf World Cup in 2009.

2 Likes

Are you calling yourself a peasant now?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/i-feel-more-british-than-irish-says-rory-mcilroy-28791077.html

I dont think I said that any where?

he refused to represent the golf Ireland team in the Olympics.

He also refuses to acknowledge being Irish, and has done on numerous occasions, despite getting a hand up and a leg up by the Golf Union of Ireland for his entire amateur career.

Which is of course his choice. Forcing an Irishness on him that he doesn’t want is wrong.
He’s Northern Irish.

1 Like

You said soccer is for peasants. Yet you are soccer obsessed.