The Open

Wonderful news all round.

Luke Donald is on a charge with his 4th Birdie in 5 holes to go -3 after 8

I wasn’t aware there was another thread. I had a quick look and there seems to be an awful time lag on it.

They are obviously getting all their information from this thread and using it as their own

Luke Donald wearing the Down colours of red and black. Big weekend for them on the GAA front, just a pity that they don’t have a golfer from the county to support.

He believes he can win and that’s what separates him from the other British players like Rory McIlroy and Paul Casey…

Snedeker leads the open on -7 through 7 today

McIlroy is really struggling out there now. Back to level par for the tournament.

Harrington bogeys too to go back to -1. :frowning:

Some disaster rounds:

Paul Casey is +9 today through 17 - at one stage yesterday he was -3 and now sits at +11

Angel Cabrera is +11 today through 16 and +12 overall

Snedeker is three shots clear of the field on -9

Rory is now +1 and with the projected cut at +2 is in real danger of going home with Kaymar (+7) Big Phil (+9) and Darren Clarke (+6 - not started R2 yet)

McDowell let himself down with that interview “In front of my home fans”. I think we’ll leave him off with it, very uncharecterestic of him.

McDowell is british, Anto. It’s the british Open

Must say I like the way posters aren’t afraid to disagree with each other on this thread. There are some other threads where everyone is always in agreement and posters appeared scared shitless to criticise one another. Who knows maybe the posters on other threads will read this and change their tune

McIlroy finishes on +2.

He should be safe for the weekend but its hard to see him doing anything from here.

Padraig finds himself at +1 going up the last. Again not making the move he would have wanted.

Padraig bogey’s last and joins Rory on +2 in clubhouse. Not great - 12 shots off Snedeker

That’s a tremendous comment from Graeme. Great to see him in such a truly European frame of mind with just ten weeks to go to the Ryder Cup. But, truth be told, any golfer in the world could legitimately claim the crowd at Lytham this week as their home fans bacause the Open is and has always been the home of great golf.

On the downside for us Europeans it’s worrying to see a player of the outstanding quality of Martin Kaymer in such poor form in front of his home fans. Olly will need to put a consoling arm around his young star ahead of the big trans-Atlantic clash at Medinah.

[quote=“larryduff, post: 695921”]Just stumbled upon the thread dancingbaby set up.
They seem to spend more time talking about this thread, then they do talking about the actual golf![/quote]
Thats because they realise golf is just a pisstake.

Great for Irish fans today as Padraig & Rory are paired together and tee off at 10.25

Harrington birds the 2nd to go to +1.

Meanwhile on the other thread a chap called Hartington has had an amazing birdie on the 2nd which has resulted him in going from +2 to -1

Harrington and McIlroy complete their rounds finishing on +2 and +5.

Bubba Watson 3 under after 10 today and -3 for tournament is only player really making a move.

Not much has happened other than that in last few hours so no updates necessary. the other thread seems to think substituting updates with shite talk will suffice.