The Open

Hazel Irvine has had somewhat of a disappointing championship.

Tester for Scott for Par on the 1st. What are his nerves like?

Bogey for Scott. GAME ON!

What an amazing shot from Woods on the 2nd. Up against the face of a bunker he pops to a a few feet.

McDowell pars first.

Els dropped one at the second.

the fact that she is not much to look at either, means she has to be on her game.

For somebody like me who is unable to see the action at the world’s greatest golf tournament, this thread is my voice, my eyes and ears to keep me informed. What a service it is. This is going to be epic.

Scott gets that shot back straight away on the 2nd and McDowell bogeys to go 5 behind.

Scott goes Bogey-Birdie-Bogey and is back at 10 under. Three clear of a steady(so far) Snedeker. McDowell, cream trousers and luminous Pink top and Woods a further shot back.

Oosthuizen the only player in the top 8 under par. He is now -2 today and -4 overall.

Colsaerts who finished earlier is in the clubhouse at -1 and as the day goes on he climbs further up the leaderboard. Tied 10th now.

they are just not dropping for Tiger. He rolls another close on 5.

Meanwhile Snedeker with a big Par Putt after visiting a greenside bunker.

Someone needs to start making a few birds out there!!

Both Scott & McDowell have left themselves long par putts on the 5th. Tiger is in a greenside bunker on 6. Snedeker has had to hack out of rough and left himself a long par putt on 6 too.

Next 2 minutes could be crucial.

McDowell rolls in his 15 footer :clap:

Nerves of steel from Williams as he gets Scott to knock in his 12 foot putt

Nightmare for Tiger. Up against the face of a bunker and plugged in the sand he tries to go for the green and cant get out. Now taking a second shot from his knees he gets out but is 50 feet from the hole. His Open could be effectively over.

Oh jaysis. Tiger misses a four footer and ends up with a Triple Bogey and tumbles back to 3 under, SEVEN behind Scott

Scott -10
Snedeker -7 in the crowd on 7
McDowell -6 and now in same bunker as Woods was moments ago
Els -4

Gmac is actually in a worse position than Woods was in that Bunker.

Tiger is getting ratty, “Come on Please” to a cameraman from rough on 7. Sned’s has played a provisional and found a bunker with it.

McDowell tip taps the shot purposely in the bunker to the front of the bunker so he can now have a shot at the green. And strokes a marvellous next shot to a few feet from pin. Bet Tiger will wish he did that when he sees it later (if he is bothered)

McDowell with a marvellous bogey there in the circumstances and Scott lets everyone off the hook by also bogeying.

Just when you think he is out of it, Tiger chips in for a birdie. Back to -4 and 5 behind

Scott’s ball moved by about 6 inches and after consultation with ref there was no penalty. But he looks a little rattled and his eagle putt is not great and leaves himself a long birdie putt which he misses.

McDowell slides his birdie chance by. he should have made that.

Snedeker collecting bogeys now drops to -3, a far cry from the lofty heights of -10 on Friday evening.