The Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5 stalking thread

Who: Liam Griffin
Where: Rosslare Harbour cliff walk
When: this evening approximately 19:30

Liam was on a lovely mid evening cliff walk on his lonesome and as ever in good spirits as his manner. I was sat on one of multiple benches with a friend as I commented to Liam “Jays Liam, we may get you back in the Wexford job”. Liam, as ever the gent, got into conversation with me for 10 mins, commenting that he picked not to go to Mullingar as he had been on holiday. I commented that it was one I didn’t pick to go to either but instead picked viewing Leinster vs Toulouse. Liam, to my surprise said he loves rugby and thinks Leinster play the game the way it should. Liam also commented that it is an absolute joy to watch Liverpool at the moment. We bid each other farewell, as we both noted we shall see each other next Saturday in Nowlan Park.

12 Likes

You’re some mug heading into the stand at 1.40.

Ah yeah. Few lads I hadn’t seen in a while so we were gassing. Our own fault. Wasn’t a classic, so not too bothered.

2 Likes

As I left a Dublin pub on Saturday night, Michelle O’Neill was strolling in and she was beaming. And you know what? Yes, yes I would cc @Locke and the auld birds thread.

1 Like

Does she play GAA or the Rugby?

Not claiming her as a spot.

You need to follow Limerick then.

Outside of Tyrone and South Armagh Sinn Fein voters tend to prefer association football to GAA. If Sinn Fein want to demonstrate that they are in touch with their communities they need to be bantering about the Premier League.

1 Like

Well they wouldn’t get much banter out of Scotch football anyway given their allegiances

They’ve the footix sewn up though. They want to move into the old FF territory.

They’re doing that very successfully by peddling a load of easy answers, lies and cult of personality and by steadily growing more corrupt.

That’s a combination that has always proved irresistible to the traditional Fianna Fail voter.

Conversely, Fianna Fail fucked themselves long term when they got a leader who decided to move away from all that.

Sinn Fein would garner a lot of votes in Waterford City GAA clubs. Particularly Roanmore, St Saviours, Erin’s Own and Mount Sion. I’m not sure how sound De La Salle might be on the national question. Traditionally they were a Redmondite club but that may have changed in the intervening years. Ballygunner would be solidly FFG and Green Party.

MM, the man who got developers to lodge cash into his wife’s bank account, was a move away from corruption?

That’s a minor misdemeanor by Fianna Fail standards.

3 Likes

Londonderry fans were singing a few pro freedom songs on Friday

Just wait until those who are outraged at a €6,500 cheque in 1991 find out about what Sinn Fein did…

Who. Jimmy Kerrigan
Where. Albufeira Marina
Jimmy is away in a boys annual holiday with fellow ex Nemo Rangers footballers.
Seems an alright sort does Jimmy.

Spot

1 Like

Who Sambo McNaughton
Where albufeira old town
Met Sambo a few days after he managed Armagh v warwickshire in Birmingham in a 10 goal thriller.
Sambo also seems a good sort

1 Like

I heard he was out there supporting Rangers in the Europa League final and sensibly based himself across the border in Portugal. The Teddy Bears are increasingly attracting a very diverse support.