The Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5 stalking thread

Well (sighs) his salvation wasn’t the 1st thing that came to my mind but we’ll take it. :+1:

Not a GAA/Rubby celeb spot

Aren’t ye fierce precious lads?

I only log on here while I’m waiting on a concrete truck or a batch to be mixed.I haven’t time to hear any klaxons.

1 Like

Who: Armagh’s Rian O’Neill
Where: Mo Chara, Dundalk’s craft beer bar
When: last night around 9pm or so.

Detail: O’Neill has big arms. He was devouring a pizza, but no sign of him having any alcohol with a big game v Tyrone on the horizon.

2 Likes

Who: Peter Clohessy
Where: Farmer’s Market Killaloe
When: Around noon today
Detail: The bould Claw moored his boat just beyond the market place and sauntered up from his berth to pick up an assortment of baked goods, organic meats and salads. Once goods were purchased his returned to his vessel and headed south.

2 Likes

Live spot of Joe Brolly on Harcourt Street.

Joe was dressed in a crisp suit and had a schoolbag on him while talking on the phone.

He looks like he’s off for pints.

I might bump into him later if I’m lucky.

7 Likes

Live spot: the entire New York team beside cafe Nero in t2 arrivals.

1 Like

Knicks?

1 Like

The Clare football panel were in the Farnham Estate outside Cavan Town last Saturday including a stay over on Saturday night.

They played Monaghan in Clones the next day and by all accounts gave a good account of themselves.

Farnham is a relaxing spot - not surprised they played well

As predicted i bumped into my old pal Joe Brolly at a certain Camden Street cathedral later on last night.

We had a full and frank discussion on Derrys prospects for the year ahead. Joe thinks we’re fucked if we come up against the Dubs again. We’re well able for anyone else but McGuigan is only 5 foot 11 and not athletic enough to get away from some of those Dublin pricks that’ll stick to him like glue. Fenton matches up very well to Hercules and John Small will do a job on Ethan Doherty. Derry have no plan b. He thinks Dublin under his great friend Patrick Gilroy will come good in Croke Park when it really matters.

3 Likes

Unlike Joe to be so far up Dublins hole but he’s not wrong, Gilroy is the key, as I was telling the big man myself below in Portlaoise at the Brian Mullins memorial the other Sunday there.

Are these your words or Joe’s?

If it makes you feel any better we both agreed that you could forget about Kilmacud Crokes* as far as they’re a club after what they did to Glen Maghera.

He was very impressed with me referring to Glass as the Greek God Hercules. It wouldn’t surprise me if he threw in a reference to it in an article in the coming weeks.

@StoneCold my words. I’d hate to misquote Joe.

5 Likes

Your love affair with the Dublin footballers has ended I take it? Stillorgan Crokes* put paid to that relationship

1 Like

Joes a great bit of stuff. Giller has great time for him

1 Like

Live spot: Former Louth manager Peter Fitzpatrick TD running laps of the cricket pitch in Trinity College

8 Likes

Fitzpatrick is going around at a nice clatter here. He’s done seven laps since I noticed him and they are proper laps, he’s hogging the perimeter of the grass. He’s just lapped two much younger women who are doing shorter laps. Here he comes again.

Fitzpatrick has just stopped in front of the Pav and immediately looked at the time he’d clocked. He didn’t appear to be especially out of breath. An impressive dozen or so laps, quite possibly more. He then walked out the back entrance of Trinity, presumably back towards Dail Eireann.