The Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5 stalking thread

Fuuuuck sid. If you said you were going in id have nicked in for a pint. Im meeting mrs j to go to a gig.

2 Likes

Enjoy

This “we’re” business… Are you of Derry stock?

1 Like

Bellaghy

Nice. Always had a soft spot for Derry.

1 Like

Who : Former Dublin football hard man Eamon Heery.

Where : On the 123 bus from marino to town at 6.30pm this evening.

Other details : Eamon got on the bus on Philipsburg ave. At the next stop a dishevelled man in his 70s got on and sat opposite. He seemed to recognise Heery and they engaged in chat about Manchester City and then the Dubs. Eamon stood up to get off on Cathal Brugha st and just before disembarking he slipped a 20 euro note into the old mans top pocket. The man protested but Eamon was gone. I always thought Eamon was a nutcase and maybe he is but he seems to be a decent man too.

26 Likes

Unreal.

The Vincent’s Club very much backed him in that internal row that went all the way to the Four Courts didn’t they?

I’m not sure of the details of that case apart from Heery kicking the shite out of Shane Dalton. He is still in some shape. He must be pushing 60 but looks like he could still play.

1 Like

I don’t think there was an actual assault , it seemed to be more the threats of it .it seemed a really bizarre episode

Iconic.

Big article in Sunday Times about that episode.

He’s a decent runner Sid. See my spot from last year.

2 Likes

Who - Dublin All-Ireland winner & Podcast host Paddy Andrews.

Where - Dublin airport, terminal 1, Cafe Bar beside Gate 108.

Mr Andrews was dressed casually in a t-shirt and pair of slacks, he waited patiently for his coffee before continuing on his merry way. He’s not a physically imposing man and exhibited a calm demeanour in our brief crossing of paths.

If I was told one of two lads were Paddy Andrews, I reckon I still wouldnt recognise which one was him.

1 Like

Spotted (former/current?) FOTF Damian Lawlor of RTÉ Sport at 12.20pm today crossing the road at The Grand Barbers at the Alto Vetro Building where Grand Canal Dock starts & Pearse Street ends. He had a grimace on his face & was moving in a rather sheepish & uncertain manner. Damian was wearing trainers, tailored shorts & a light long sleeve top. He was kinda looking back as he was walking slowly forward. It was as if he was unsure where he was going & whether to stop or keep going.

This follows on from observing former Dublin defender, Dave Henry, in a fetching pink Howth Adventure Race T-shirt raucously cheering the end of term Raheny Ogra GAA children’s parade last Saturday morning on the astro pitch in St Anne’s Park from 10.50am-11am. Note my eldest chap said he likes everything about Ogra except the football & hurling & wants to sign up for year 2 in September.

I had earlier spotted current Dublin footballer Seán Bugler at 8.40am on Saturday morning in a navy branded & sponsored Dublin GAA car coming up the Malahide Road and taking the right turn at the Donnycarney Church crossroads. I briefly wondered to myself whether Dublin might be having a 9am (or 9.30am) training session in Parnell Park, but I didn’t stick around to find out. Instead I headed onwards to swimming lessons for my children where my youngest subsequently refused to enter the pool & caused quite a scene.

9 Likes

Oh jaysus, I’ve been that soldier.

Former Tyrone footballer Stephen O’Neill spotted in Applegreen Lusk around 90 minutes ago.

He looked pretty dejected (he always does) and unhappy at the Tyrone fans fleeing Croke Park asking him for selfies.

1 Like

Love spot, Ricey in the Maples House Hotel on Iona Road :heart_eyes_cat:

While out on my bike a while ago I spotted Cathal O’Neil walking a beautiful spaniel out by Crecora, seemed in good spirits and we exchanged pleasant hellos,

The best part, about a kilometre further down the road there was an old timer out walking greyhounds, he had two and was in by the ditch, he didn’t move in the whole time I was approaching him, as I passed I said how’reya or something like that, to which he replied ‘fucking wanker’ :joy:

19 Likes