The Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5 stalking thread

Must be a poster on here.

17 Likes

:smile:

That was a tap in to be fair, but a top top striker like Lineker always got the tap ins.

Probably, being unpopular here is one of my proudest achievements

3 Likes

Not claiming this as a spot more an opportunity to lament my own ageing process… I passed Nicky English on the way to work this morning and he looked shook especially in the face, still pretty lean mind you. Took me by surprise as I grew up watching him in his prime but never making the link that he’s actually advancing in years as well.

1 Like

Nicky has always been fairly gaunt-looking, even in his prime

1 Like
1 Like

I saw him heading into The Pipers Corner on Sunday after the match. He was wearing shorts and navy ankle socks which probably wouldn’t be the best modern day fashion sense for a 60 something year old man. He also has a bit of a limp which is probably from an old hurling injury.

I’m surprised he’s still working to be honest - thought he was to retire last year.

Dave would be as well pack it in, he spends half his time apologising nowadays

4 Likes

He could be a Man U player

1 Like

He was probably only trying to give a bit of support to a fellow ‘Rock boy.

Anyone know who the “English based former bare Knuckle boxer and TV personality” who’s causing vexation by climbing Croagh Patrick is?

Paddy Doherty?

That’s Paddy DOCKerty mate .

Colm O’Rourke in row J of Premium section 330 today wearing a navy Meath gaa bubble jacket in company of other Meath gaa types. Colm looked relaxed in his own skin and didn’t look worse the wear from any Tommy Fury Cup celebrations given Joe Brolly claims he can’t drink for diamonds.

1 Like

I caught a glimpse of former Tipperary hurler Shane McGrath with his young family at Applegreen, Birdhill. Shane seemed comfortable in his role as family patriarch, looking confident in his interactions with his infant child. My line of sight was somewhat impaired so I couldn’t determine if he was treating his family to a Burger King or a Subway.

Is he the lad who has fallen out with his club over a few dozen sliothars?

Yes apparently so. He didn’t seem to fazed by it.

He’s a chirpy type of a chap but has a very squawly voice/vice

I walked past Darragh O’ Sé and his family yesterday afternoon at about 3. He cut a confused figure as he queried directions for the Hogan Stand entrance. I was surprised that he didn’t seem overly familiar with the streets around Croke Park. Obviously he was dropped there in a bus from the mid 90’s through to about 2009 but surely he’s had enough experience going to games as a spectator in the past 13 years or so. Darragh has wintered well but still looks fresh for a man who must be pushing 50. His wife is a stunner and looks like a woman of about 35. I assume she was doing the driving given his recent drink driving debacle.

I also spotted Peter Fitzpatrick TD and his wife after the match. Peter had watched the match in the Hogan I would imagine as he was walking in the opposite direction to us. Peter was in jovial spirits and smiling despite a tough week for him as he took a bit of a ridiculing on Twitter over his questioning style in the Ryan Tubridy Oireachtas session.

2 Likes