The Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5 stalking thread

Removed as Louth GAA chairman in a coup last night too.

The Chinese would be proud of that

Has he been reinstated or did I imagine it?

He’s back in

Peethah fithpahthwick

6 Likes

John Muldoon getting out of an tan reg black mercedes SUV on the prom yesterday. We have him a toot and a wave. He half waved back looking a little nonplussed.

That sentence is just loaded with triggers for @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

7 Likes

:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Who: Pádraig Walsh of Kilkenny and Tullaroan fame

Where: Flight from Dublin to Faro yesterday afternoon.

Demeanour and attire: Pádraig was wearing a salmon coloured top with shorts and seemed to be refreshed even before his sojourn. Himself and his female companion were conversing about the Dublin football victory and she wondered if one player whose name I didn’t catch would be back to work on the Tuesday morning in the bank (Cluxton is a teacher so I was a bit puzzled as to who they were referring to). Pádraig’s companion was wearing a top with what appeared to be Nirvana emblazoned on the back. A holiday during the week is ideal and he should be back in tandem with Tullaroan for their assault on the Kilkenny Senior Hurling championship in the coming weeks.

2 Likes

I have about 15 GAA spots from All Ireland Final Sunday in Dublin but I’m not sure i can go into enough detail on them all.

Met my auld pal Davy Burke there in Ryan’s and congratulated him on a great first year in charge of the Rossies while seeing Stephen Rochford on the dancefloor in Coppers wasnt something i expected.

12 Likes

A friend of mine exchanged pleasantries with the lovely Aisling O’ Reilly on his way into the Hogan on Sunday. Stephen Rochford was very much “out out” if he was traversing the floor of Coppers in the early hours. I didn’t really spot many of note from my vantage point in the Davin but the “names” don’t tend to sit there.

1 Like

Micheál Martin was making himself conspicuous at the junction at Gills about 2:30pm. He was on a mobile phone.
Niall Quinn on Summerhill at 2:45pm.
Pillar Caffrey was sitting about four rows behind me and also holding court in a four person discussion in a jacks in the Hogan at about 5:40pm.
Gino Kenny TD was seen talking to me and singing with me and about 15 other people outside the Palace bar around 12:00am-12:30am and then also in the same taxi as meself. Gino was wearing that not quite the same O’Neills version of the 1983 Dublin jersey while I was wearing a superior and exact recreation of the 1983 jersey I bought about 10 years ago. Gino is sound.

16 Likes

All Ireland Hurling referee and Limerick fan John Keenan in Aughrim on Friday evening. He’s lauded as a celebrity in the area with many locals stopping him to shake his hand after a job they thought was well done the previous Sunday. His manner at the chipper counter was exceptional as he collected food that had been ordered ahead over the phone.

On a side note, the chipper in Aughrim is excellent which is a bonus given its the only place in the village serving food in the evening.

10 Likes

Which aughrim?

The Wicklow one

Seamus Flanagan is here in Mungret recycling centre, dumping a load of baby related products, but mostly being annoyed by some fat lad with a Munster jersey and one of those in ear phone thingys beloved of taxi drivers, strikes me as an awful know it all dickhead (not Seamus who is being very polite)

19 Likes

Two classics of the genre posted in quick succession here.

It’s probably one of Limericks TFK posters.

1 Like

@gilgamboa ???

1 Like

What a wonderful thread.

3 Likes