The Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5 stalking thread

A frequent visitor to The Pike and Billy Kelly’s. Works in the Coca Cola factory.

Cian is a qualified secondary teacher. I believe he has no interest and never had any interest in using the qualification for the time being.

I’d say he got a sweet deal from Galway that time. More power to him I suppose

The Kerry football panel drowning their sorrows in the Golden Nugget in Fossa yesterday evening. As expected they were fairly muted but enjoying themselves at the same time.

They were largely being left to themselves bar David Clifford who was good with his time to any kid who came up looking for a signature or photo.

Also
James O’Donoghue walking down the Muckross Road this evening with his jacket zipped up and airpods in. Possibly listening to the football pod.

13 Likes

Easy there now, our wonderful captain Declan Hannon also works for Unijobs.

Fixed that for you.

1 Like

Well he sends colleagues of mine who are agency staff emails all the time :wink:

Unijobsfortheboys.

2 Likes

Is owned by UL.

Wtf.

Hannon and the boyz are employed by us!!

Fair play to David, must be tough giving that time up when it should be spent alone with his mates

That Kerry homecoming looked grimmer than normal. Counties should do away with them. Or at least be family flowers only.

1 Like

They had a warm welcome but it’s never easy on the players. No reason to make them stand up there for hours when they could be in a pub somewhere

1 Like

Who: Bernard Brogan (Jr)
Where: Lobby of castleknock hotel
When: 30 mins ago
Wearing: white runners, white baggy pants, light green fleece zippy top
Other notes: Bernard and his wife were sat across from each other, both buried on their phones as their kids ran around. The sign outside said ‘Residents only’ so Bernard could have been availing of a freebie stay but given he lives about 700m away, this was doubtful. There were a few female FAI reps floating so he could have been there to pitch a Player Wellness app to the returning Women’s soccer team.

3 Likes

Where’s his wife from again?

1 Like

She’s a local girl

1 Like

Actually I thought you said Bernard (snr). I was only messing about. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I was c.7 miles into my 14 mile long slow training run this morning at 9am when I passed The 51 on Haddington Road. Something I incorporate into these Dublin City Marathon training efforts is to run past places that have brought me considerable joy and have real meaning in my life. So I ran past The Convention Centre, Aviva Stadium, the site of Valentino’s strip club on Eden Quay, Croke Park and various other landmarks this morning. Places that make you smile & dig in when the going gets tough.

I digress. I was approaching the Haddington Road/Baggot St junction (near the spot of the last confirmed sighting of Trevor Deely) when I spotted Tipperary & Dublin GAA hurling legend, GAA journalist & founder host of GAA podcast “Our Game” Shane “Saint” Stapleton. I spotted him walking towards me from a little distance away so I was able to note his white trainers, tight navy tracksuit bottoms & fetching olive (?) green Puma hoodie. A quick google search reveals you’d pay more than €100 for it.

Saint plucked his phone out of his pocket just before our paths crossed, started tip-tapping away & I wondered if he was going to update the Bandage spotting thread. I noted a grey tint in his beard, a furrowed brow & a slight frown on his face but time waits for no man & I’m fighting similar battles. Saint continued down Haddington Road towards The 51 & I turned right at Baggot Street Bridge to commence the homeward section of my run back to Dublin 5.

19 Likes

Plus you have a forehead that doesn’t end. In saying that, great GAA & Rubby ‘Celeb’ spotting, pal.

I can imagine you giggling away to yourself on the homeward leg of your run as you crafted that post together in your head.

2 Likes