The Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5 stalking thread

I regret not posting the time last year I was coming back from Spain and mount Sion man Kevin Ryan and the lad who played in goals for them with two other hardy looking bucks were on the flight from Malaga ,returning from a golf trip .that was proper niche right there .

Managed Limerick in the 80s. He’s from Patrickswell.

1 Like

Might have been the manager when they won the league around 84/85.

Michael is a gent. He lost his wife recently enough. He was involved with Dublin camogie a few years ago when David Herity was manager.

I’m close to relocating home, but the fact that everyone knows your business is a counterbalance. I doubt there’s a lad in Ireland who couldn’t be known or dissected by the board.

2 Likes

Says me man with binoculars out in didsbury looking for a celeb spot to add to the tally.

1 Like

Didn’t know that about the wife. He was on his own.

You get used to that.

We already know all your business anyway.

The great thing about living in a small community is everyone knows everyone. The worst thing about living in a small community is everyone knows everyone

Am I right in saying he’s from Wexford? Or did he just happen to be based in Wexford years ago as a teacher cc: @binkybarnes

Pretty sure he is a Limerick

1 Like

He’s from the Well.

A Well stalwart, an uncle of Declan and Paul and brother of PJ.

2 Likes

I saw Darragh fitzgibbon on the main st in charleville a few weeks ago

Ah Jesus, you’ve done it now :face_with_peeking_eye:

Looking wistfully over the road.

2 Likes

The sunny side or the money side?

He was principal (or maybe just a staff teacher) in Wexford CBS secondary school in the 1980s. Think he was involved with the Wexford senior hurling management back then. He’s a stalwart attendee at the annual supporter’s club golf day.

2 Likes

Was he still in the Brothers then?

Yep, afaik.

1 Like